1. Lions- Aaron Curry. I think the Lions without Matt Millen now get smart and dont go after a hit or miss 1st round QB. Aaron Curry has the ability to make a Patrick Willis type impact his rookie season. With a new defensive minded coach look for the Lions to go defense or possibly O-line. Pick up a QB in the later rounds.
2. Rams- Andre Smith. I think at the combines Smith will seperate himself talent wise from Oher as the best OL in the draft. We all have seen the impact OL has on teams in the draft. Browns with Joe Thomas and Dolphins with Jake Long. Both teams vastly improved. Rams have talent but need to put the pieces together.
3. Chiefs- Michael Oher. Tyler Thigpen showed he can play QB in this league. Give him a little more protection and let him run this team. Regardless they are still a few years from being a playoff team.
4. Seahawks- Micheal Crabtree. The Seahawks main problem this season was the QB had nobody to throw too. They were banged up all year. Even with everybody healthy its not a good WR corp. Crabtree doesnt look like a bust. Hes got his head on straight and is an imense talent that they cannot pass up.
5. Browns- Malcom Jenkins. They need to improve on the defensive side of the ball. Eric Wright has developed into a solid corner. Add a little more to that secondary with a huge talent like Jenkins and they may be back on the map next season if they figure out the QB situation.
6. Bengals- Chris "Beanie" Wells. It might be a little high because of injury concerns but when healthy there was nobody better in the NCAA. Hes got Adrian Peterson like talent. The Bengals need to re-establish the running game. I think we all know Cedric Benson cannot be the answer.
8. Jaguars- Eugene Monroe. They really werent able to do anything last season. The defense let them down, but they need to improve on the O-line. We saw so many rookie OL have big impacts with teams last season. Follow the trend.
9. Packers- Everette Brown. KGB is done. They need a new pass rusher. Brown would be available later in the draft also so look for them to trade down.
10. 49ers- Matthew Stafford. Stafford has an arm but he didnt play great this season. Hes a little innacurate this is why i have him at 10, when you look at the QBs that have been taken in the previous drafts they werent really big questions like Stafford is. I dont think he has that Matt Ryan quality.
11. Bills- James Laurinitis. His stock fell a little and i dont really get why. He ran a 4.59 40 time. Thats great for a LB, hes a bit undersized but he will be a great addition. Hes got the speed if they want to move him to the outside as well.
12. Broncos- Ray Maulaluga. They missed out on Laurinitis but Maulaluga is a good consilation prize. Either way the need a MLB, the defense was atrocious and needs to get better.
13. Redskins- Jason Smith. The defense played good, they need to get better on offense now. That starts with protecting Jason Campbell, assuming he still Zorn's guy. They may look at Mark Sanchez too.
15. Texans- Brian Cushing. Get another pass rusher in there. Cushing will be a great OLB in the NFL. They dont have much need they got good players at alot of positions, they just need to put it all together.
16. Chargers- Jeremy Maclin. Chris Chambers was terrible. I know they have a speed guy in Jackson but Maclin gives you alot more options than at WR. Line him up in the back field, hes an immense talent that the Chargers could use.
17. Jets- Mark Sanchez. He goes from one major market to another. I think he will end up being the better QB from this class but people are just drooling over Stafford right now. Sanchez plays well under pressure and has an extreme desire to win. Even if Favre comes back look for them to try and nab Sanchez.
18. Bears- Percy Harvin. Maybe a little high for him because hes undersized, but i say why not. We need to get more explosive on offense. Put him in the backfield with Forte or send him out as a WR, hes electric with the ball in his hand and thats something we needs because we dont get Hester the ball enough.
19. Buccaneers- Brandon Pettigrew. Alex Smith has had the talent since he was drafted, its time to move on. Garcia has re-emerged. Give him another big talented target to throw to. Because i think we all know not to expect Antonio Bryant to put up numbers like that again in 09.
20. Lions- B.J. Raji. Again getting better on the defensive side of the ball. Thats where it needs to start. They could look also at OL, but Raji is a big run stopper up the middle, and pair him up with Curry and they could do some damage.
21. Cardinals- Knowshon Moreno. Edge wants out, did Tim Hightower show that he can really be a feature back? I dont think so. Moreno can be especially in an explosive offense like this where theres not much pressure on him. Moreno might go alot higher than this because i think he will be a standout at the combine.
22. Eagles- Micheal Johnson. They love their pass rushers in Philly. Johnson is a great talent that has some injury history, but at this point in the draft his talent stands out and makes him hard to pass up.
24. Patriots- Paul Kruger. They add another end to an already stout line. They really dont need much help anywhere, maybe LB, but at this point in the draft nobody stands out. Kruger could be built into a 3-4 OLB though.
26. Dolphins- Hakeem Nicks. He doesnt run the fastest 40 time, but he can get the job done. They need another WR to help Ginn's progress. You dont know how Camarillo is going to come back from that knee injury. When hes healthy hes another Wes Welker.
28. Colts- Vontae Davis. Davis has top 15 talent and i think people will see that at the combine. The Colts need another DB in case Jackson doesnt come back playing like he used to. Either way they stand to improve against the pass.
29. Eagles- Duke Robinson. They got another pass rusher earlier in the draft now they look to protect McNabb a little better.
30. Titans- Travis Beckum. Hes coming off a broken leg, but if you have seen this kid play you know why i have him going here. Whoever gets this guy is going to be happy. Hes a playmaking TE, who has alot better potential than Chase Coffman. The Titans still dont have people to throw the ball to, Beckum can solve that.
31. Steelers- Sean Smith. That makes 3 players from Utah taken in the 1st round. Hes the perfect Steeler fit, big and physical. 6'3 210. Might be converted to S, but hes a good fit.
32. Giants- Chase Coffman. I know they like Kevin Boss but the reality is that they rarely used him until Plaxico Burress whent down. That means he was doing something wrong. So they bring in a guy with more talent.
Round 2 possibly coming soon.