Posted on: February 24, 2011 8:01 pm
I'm not an expert i just enjoy doing this for fun so relax.
1. Panthers- Patrick Peterson- I know the consensus is probably DL or QB, but I believe Peterson is the best talent in this draft. He's a lockdown corner with great size and will also be a big part of the return game. I dont think you can pass up on a player of this caliber. Bowers and Fairley are good, but they both have some question marks. Peterson is the sure thing.
2. Broncos- Nick Fairley- I think they have more of a need for an interior lineman than a DE. Dumervil might end up moving to DE because he is more of a pass rusher than a LB in the 4-3 scheme. Fairley has some question marks considering he only had one good season at Auburn and was mediocre before that, but hes got a lot of talent and should have a pretty good coaching staff to help him in Denver.
3. Bills- Ryan Mallett- I'll probably get crucified for this, but I believe he is the best QB in the draft. Will the Bills take him at # 3? Probably not. I expect them to trade down from this pick to the middle of the round and get an extra couple picks in the process. They need a QB, and I dont think they see any QB worth drafting at #3.
4. Bengals- A.J Green- They need a WR, Green is going to be very good. Probably the 2nd best overall player in this draft in my opinion.
5. Cardinals- Blaine Gabbert- Do they need LB help? Yeah. But QB is the more glaring weakness. They should probably try and keep Larry Fitz happy and give him somebody that can get the ball to him. Gabbert has a big arm, he may be there a few picks later so they may trade down a few spots and get a little more in return. This is a QB league, they are never going to win with Max Hall and Josh Skelton, they need a QB who can get the job done.
6. Browns- Marcell Dareus- Dareus will probably end up being a 3-4 DE, which is what the Browns need in the worst way. He's a solid pass rusher and plays the run well. You know he was tought well at Alabama, the Browns got a total of 1.5 sacks from DE's on their current depth chart last year. That has to change.
7. 49ers- Da'Quan Bowers- Great pass rusher, can't question the talent. But like with all talented DEs, can he put it all together and the NFL level, hes more of a 4-3 pass rusher, but the 49ers cant pass up on him at #7. Look for some team to trade up and snag him a little earlier than this.
8. Titans- Von Miller- Vince Young hasn't been released yet. Munchak didnt necessarily say he was desperate for a QB in his interview today, and after making a mistake on one headcase QB, i dont see them going after Cam Newton this early. If they really want him they may trade down. Von Miller is really good, and can step in and fill a pretty big hole at LOLB.
9. Cowboys- Prince Amukamara- Everytime i watched a Dallas game Mike Jenkins was either getting burned or committing a huge PI penalty. Maybe he's just a nickel back? Terrance Newman is getting up in age, Prince is a great talent and would have been a top 10 pick last year. One of the few guys whose stock has not changed much at all. You know what your going to get out of him, solid CB play.
10. Redskins- Jake Locker- Im sure Snyder would rather have Newton because hes well stupid, but Shanahan will talk him into drafting Locker. Hes perfect for Shanahan, mobile, huge arm. Cutler was playing very well before Shanahan got fired in Denver, Mike will work on Locker's footwork and improve his accuracy, thats the only thing thats missing from his game right now. He will be going into a pretty good situation to start off as a rookie.
11. Texans- Robert Quinn- Mike Anderson played well opposite Williams at the end of the year. But the Bears proved he's not a starting DE. Quinn is a freak athletically. Undeniable talent, but character questions arise with him seeing as how he was suspended all last season so thats why you see him out of the top 10, just barely.
12. Vikings- Nate Solder- Their main problem last year was they couldn't protect Favre. I dont think it was a matter of him losing his game he just never had enough time to throw. No matter how good your QB is if you cant protect him, your not going to win. The line was awful last year, Solder should be able to step in right away and help out.
13. Lions- Tyron Smith- They made big progress last year. But they lost their QB due to injury from him getting sacked. Smith is probably going to have an outstanding combine, he is right up there with Solder as far as talent. It may take him some time to get accustomed to the NFL game but he will be good.
14. Rams- Julio Jones- Their leading receiver had 689 yards, Amendola is a good slot receiver not a #1. Jones is very physical and can make some great catches. He drops some easy ones though but that can be worked on. They got their franchise QB now they need to give him a weapon to throw the ball to, otherwise they will never take the next step to be a better team.
15. Dolphins- Mark Ingram- i think hes a little underated coming out. Hes a solid RB, he doesnt do one thing great, but does pretty much everything good. He will bring in some consistency. Ronnie Brown and Williams are probably walking, so i dont think they will want to be left with just Patrick Cobbs on the depth chart.
16. Jaguars- Akeem Ayers- Hes got all the talent in the world. He just needs to stay on the field. The Jaguars need a LB bad, Ayers can be really good if he can stay healthy.
17. Patriots- Adrian Clayborn- Hes talented enough to be a top 10 pick but hes got character issues. No place to correct those like NE. He will be a solid 3-4 DE, the Pats werent really able to get to the passer last year they need some help there.
18. Chargers- Cameron Heyward- Big DE, can easily play good in the 3-4. If needed they might be able to stand him up to play OLB as well, but he will be best on the line. Castillo cant stay healthy lately and that defensive front couldnt get to anybody last year. They need to get that back.
19. Giants- Gabe Carimi- They had a bunch of injuries on the line last year which really hurt Eli. Carimi is the next in line of big talented Wisconsin OL, he will be solid. The defense came back last year, now they need to protect Eli if they want to get back to where they were.
20. Buccaneers- JJ Watt- They need to keep up the good drafting if they want to build on last season. Watt is a solid player and will help them rush the passer which is one area that they were soft on last season.
21. Chiefs- Derek Sherrod- They played well on defense last year, and the offense picked it up for the stretch run. Cassell turned things around, give him some more guys to protect him and he will be even better.
22. Colts- Justin Houston- They're thin at LB, they got some decent players but nobody that has really stepped up. Houston can be that guy, the defense needs some help all over if they want to go back to dominating the NFC South that seems to keep getting better.
23. Eagles- Aldon Smith- The offense is fine, it doesnt need to be touched. They could use another OL but at this point none are worth taking here. Smith is rising up draft boards, and should have a good combine. Hes got good size (6'4). The Eagles need help at LB and all over the defense for that matter. Smith is the best defensive player left on the board here.
24. Saints- Mikel Leshoure- Bush is probably gone, Thomas may be also, regardless of how much they pass i wouldnt feel good about going into the season with Julius Jones and Chris Ivory as my RB. Leshoure has talent and may be a solid NFL back.
25. Seahawks- Anthony Costanzo- They need to protect the QB better no matter who it is. The defense played pretty well last year. They need to get the offense going, and it starts on the OL, they can look for a QB in the later rounds.
26. Ravens- Brandon Harris- Their secondary got torched last season. Ed Reed was the only highlight and when he didnt play well in the playoffs they lost. Harris has loads of speed and might have to start as a nickelback, but with some work he can become a solid corner.
27. Falcons- Ryan Kerrigan- They could rush the passer a little better than they did last year. Abraham regressed and you have to wonder how long he has left. Kerrigan is very underated, he needs a little work but he should be able to come in and play right away and play pretty solid.
28. Patriots- Mike Pouncey- Their line is getting old, if Mike can play anything like his brother the Pats will be thrilled. Hes probably not a C, he had a lot of snap issues with the shotgun at Florida last year, but he can block very well though.
29. Bears- Torrey Smith- The line played better at the end of the year, it still is awful, but Smith is a cant pass up player at this point. He probably wont be here this is just wishful thinking. Hes fast, big and strong. And has a good head on his shoulders, he may be better than Juilo Jones come draft day. Bears need a #1 WR, we will never make the next step with a bunch of #3 WRs on our team. Cutler needs a go to guy.
30. Jets- Jon Baldwin- They may lose Edwards and Holmes, if so they really need a WR. Baldwin started the year rated just as high as AJ Green, but had a rough season, so did Pitt. Hes got loads of talent and going to a good team like NYJ will help him in his progression. Hes gonna need some teaching.
31. Steelers- Demarcus Love- Roethlisberger is always one of the highest hit QBs in the league. They need to start getting some new faces on the line. It started with Pouncey, now they move to the outside and get some more pass protection.
32. Packers- Martez Wilson- He was a blue chipper out of HS and had some injury issues and a change of position. He used to be a DE. Hes got the talent, and the Packers could use some depth at LB, i dont think you can count on Eric Walden and Frank Zombo playing that good again. Wilson will add more depth to an already good defense. Kind of scary.
Posted on: February 19, 2010 7:28 pm
Edited on: April 21, 2010 5:22 pm
I am in no way an expert but I'm a big football fan (Bears fan, ughhh) and i do this for fun.
1. Rams- Sam Bradford- This is the likely pick now, unless they trade down. I dont agree, but it is the Rams.
2. Lions- Ndamukong Suh- Best prospect in the draft. Jim Schwartz has to be salivating that he falls to #2. You know how he loves his big DTs.
3. Buccaneers- Eric Berry- He has solidfied himself as the #1 safety. Buccanneers need help on D.
4. Redskins- Russell Okung- They need to give McNabb some protection. Okung is the best OL in the draft.
5. Chiefs- Trent Williams- I dont see them taking McCoy because they still haven't given up on Dorsey. They need to protect Cassel better though. Williams is a great talent.
6. Seahawks- Gerald McCoy- He probably doesnt fall to 6, but if he does Seattle will pounce. They need some help up front and some will argue that McCoy is the 2nd best player in the draft.
7. Browns- Rolando McClain- I don't think they draft QB this year. Unless they trade up and take Bradford, or go after somebody in the 2nd round. Holmgren is smart. McClain is as close to a sure thing there is.
8. Raiders- Bryan Bulaga- Who knows what this pick will be. Something far out there wont surprise me. But this would be the smart pick. If they wanna give Russell another shot, they gotta protect him.
9. Bills- Jimmy Clausen- Trent Edwards has not proven himself. This may not be a bad team if they had a QB. I think Clausen will be the better QB between him and Bradford.
10. Jaguars- Derrick Morgan- I know they drafted Harvey and Groves 2 years ago, but neither of them has had a productive season at all. They have to be able to put pressure on the QB or they will never win.
11. Broncos- Dez Bryant- With Marshall gone they need a #1. Eddie Royal is a good posession WR, but hes not going to stretch the field on anybody. Bryant is a little bit of a risk. But they have so many picks they can take a gamble on him.
12. Dolphins- Joe Haden- They filled the WR need, now they could get some help in the secondary. Haden is easily the best CB prospect in the draft and seems like a pretty good bet for the NFL.
13. 49ers- Anthony Davis- He has moved up the boards quite a bit. Theyre giving Alex Smith another shot and rightfully so, he did pretty solid last year. Get him some more protection and see if he can repeat the production.
14. Seahawks- C.J Spiller- Yell, scream, do whatever you want. They improved the defense with their first pick. Justin Forsett is really good but not a 30 carry back. Spiller can be Chris Johnson hes that good.
15. Giants- Dan Williams- They need a LB but with McClain gone, not this high. They probably trade down. But they need some interior DL help. The guys they got arent taking pressure off Tuck and Umenyiora, thats why you saw production fall off last yet. Williams is a more 3-4 type, but he can play regardless.
16. Titans- Jason Pierre Paul- Kyle Vandenbosch really is not a factor anymore. The defense wasnt able to put pressure on the QB like they were the year before. Paul is a fast riser on the board and rightfully so. Hes very talented.
17. 49ers- Brandon Graham- Balmer has been a huge bust. Justin Smith is not playing on the level he has in years past. Francois cant stay healthy. They need to rush the passer better. A defensive mind like Singletary knows that. Graham is a very good DE, has a lot of experience playing all 4 years at Michigan as well.
18. Steelers- Golden Tate- With the absence of Santonio Holmes they need another WR. Ward has only a couple years left. And you want to keep Wallace in the slot if possible. Tate can stratch the field, and has really proven himself over the last few weeks.
19. Falcons- Sergio Kindle- They need some more edge rushers. John Abraham was nowhere to be found last year after dominating the season prior. Kindle can stand up or play down. Hes a very talented OLB.
20. Texans- Earl Thomas- With Dunta Robinson gone they need another CB. Earl Thomas played S in college, but hes undersized and has tremendous speed. He Projects as more of a CB. A good one at that.
21. Bengals- Jermaine Gresham- Gresham will be a huge addition to the passing game. Hes not much of a blocker, but hes an amazing receiver. If he can prove the knee is back to 100% look for him to go alot higher than this. The Bengals haven't had a good TE in a long time. Palmer needs some more weapons.
22. Patriots- Mike Iupati- Brady got sacked alot last year. This OL hasnt looked the same since they got dismantled by the Giants in the SB. They need some fresh blood on the line.
23. Packers- Sean Witherspoon- With Kampman gone, they need to fill a hole at OLB. Witherspoon may be the best player on the board at this point. They need to improve the OL too, but they can get a guy like Bruce Campbell in the 2nd round.
24. Eagles- Kyle Wilson- The secondary was sketchy as it was last year. Now you take away Lito Sheppard and its that much worse. Wilson may be a bit of a project, but he has all the tools to be a very good CB.
25. Ravens- Taylor Mays- They have never really had anybody opposite Reed. And with Reed contemplating retirement, they need to get somebody new. Mays has huge talent. Some coverage questions. I think hes a stud. Even if they want to turn him into a LB he can succeed anyway.
26. Cardinals-Jerry Hughes- They need some LB help. Hughes is a 3-4 guy so he fits right in. Extremely athletic just needs to be coached up a bit.
27. Cowboys- Bruce Campbell- Hes extremely athletic. The defense really doesnt have many awful needs, the OL can improve. Campbell will probably need to be worked with a little. But if he plays like he can he will be a staple on this OL.
28. Chargers- Ryan Matthews- He can be an every down back. Thats what they need. Sproles is not, and neither is a guy like Best. Matthews runs hard, and has durability. Great compliment for Sproles.
29. Jets- Patrick Robinson- Darelle Revis is the best CB in the game. But he really doesnt have much of a counter part on this team. Robinson has all the skills, and maybe with some teaching from Revis he can become a solid CB.
30. Vikings-Sean Lee - When E.J. Henderson went down, they thought Jasper Brinkley could fill his spot. He didnt do it very well, and that hurt them in the playoffs. Lee is a typical Penn St. style LB, he should be a solid pro.
31. Colts- Maurkice Pouncey- A very good C prospect. As the first comment states, Jeff Saturday is almost done. The line is always banged up. They could use a huge talent like Pouncey. Still think they need some DL help, but theres still a few good guys left in round 2.
32. Saints- Terrance Cody- The Colts were running the ball pretty well against them to start. And then they just stopped. The defense is very much under rated. You put a big run stopper like Cody aside Sedrick Ellis, and thats scary. Not many teams will be able to run anymore. Cody doesnt have the stanima to ever really be a superstar, but his impact will be felt.
Posted on: December 7, 2009 4:55 pm
I know its early, but the college season is almost over and in light of some big names declaring i figured i would put my 1st one out. I will include some players I think will be coming out early but have not declared.
Order will be in where the teams are at right now.
1. Cleveland- Ndamukong Suh- I dont think they go QB, Quinn has looked decent since taking the job back, and has had 2 really good games against the Lions and Chargers. Suh really vaulted himself into everybody's living rooms with his play in the Big 12 Championship. Hes not a huge guy like Dorsey and Raji, and has alot more talent than both of those, so the bust factor is a lot lower.
2. Tampa Bay- Taylor Mays- No QB again obviously Freeman has looked ok, besides yesterdays 5 INT game, but rookies are gonna make mistakes. Mays deserves to go here, he's a very big (6'3) S, that reportedly runs a sub 4.4 40 time. Talent like that doesnt come around too often. And with an ex Defensive Backs coach Raheem Morris at the helm, this has to be the pick.
3. St. Louis- Jake Locker- He may not end up being the best QB from this class but he will be good. Spending this year under Sarkisian learning a pro-stlye offense really helped him. Hes got a great arm, and with some talent around him can be a Pro Bowl caliber player.
4. Detroit- Russell Okung- It figures to be him or Williams as the first OL off the board. 1A and 1B in my mind. Stafford has proved he can make the throws, now they just need to find another lineman to give him some more time back there. I see Schwartz building on defense in the later rounds.
5. Washington- Jimmy Claussen- While i dont think this would be the smart pick, i think it is the Dan Snyder pick. Claussen is the flashy egotistical QB in this class. That just has Dan Snyder written all over it. I think they are done with Campbell. We've seen this time and again with him, he shows promise toward the end of each year but never puts it all together. This pick is the worst thing they can do, they should address OL needs, but i dont think they will.
6. Kansas City- Trent Williams- Well so far the Matt Cassel era has been awful. KC's defense isnt terrible they can play. But they need some OL help. Remember when their OL was one of the best in the game? All those guys got old and they didnt do anything to replace them. Start now.
7. Oakland- Eric Berry- I dont think Al Davis is ready to give up on his man crush just yet. He will fire Cable and find a coach that will coddle to his every need. Eric Berry is an extremely talented player. And is the right pick, hopefully it wont be wasted in the black hole of a franchise called the Raiders.
8. Buffalo- Sam Bradford- 3 QBs in 8 picks? Probably wont happen, but everybody is high on these guys, and alot of these teams really need QBs. That is this teams only glaring need besides maybe DL and OL. The defense has played well, and Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch have been serviceable. I dont think Bradford will do anything of significance in the NFL but this very well could be the pick.
9. San Francisco (From Carolina)- Sergio Kindle- Hes not high on people's boards right now, but come combine time, he will establish himself as the #1 DE prospect. He's extremely athletic, and fast. San Fran really has no pass rush, Singletary is a defensive coach, the pick makes sense.
10. Denver (From Chicago)- Joe Haden- Gerald McCoy is still there, but i dont think he would fit the 3-4 scheme. Hes not a big DT, hes more of a finesse player. He wont work in the 3-4. So McDaniels goes and grabs an elite CB to play along side Bailey. Haden will be a Pro Bowl CB in the future.
11. Seattle- Gerald McCoy- Maybe they have other needs, but at this point McCoy is way too much of an elite DT to pass up. He will fit right in. Imagine a Tommie Harris caliber player, hopefully without the injuries. McCoy will stand out as a rookie, and give the Seahawks a pass rush they just dont have right now.
12. New York Jets- Terrence Cody- You have to assume that Kris Jenkins is pretty much done. 2 devastating knee injuries in the last 4 seasons, at his age how much longer can he go. So enter another huge body in Mt. Cody. He will have the Jenkins like impact. Hes just a huge force in the middle.
13. San Francisco- Bryan Bulaga- After Williams and Okung the talent level at this position drops some. This isnt an elite OL class. But Bulaga will be solid, maybe not an All-Pro player, but good enough. They need some OL help.
14. Houston- C.J. Spiller- I dont think he will last this long. So look for them to trade up, but no team above them has a glaring need for RB. I think Slaton as good as he was last year is not an every down back. Maybe Spiller isnt either, but I think he can be. He will add an element to their return game as well that they really dont have.
15. Tennessee- Dez Bryant- Way too low for him right? Well look at most of the other teams, they really dont need a WR. Kenny Britt has been very good lately, but you cant have Nate Washington as your 2nd WR. He had a nice dropped TD pass yesterday. Bryant has imense talent, with VY finally coming around in the passing game, they will get him new weapons.
16. Miami- Brandon Spikes- Another guy that will probably go higer, but again sometimes its about what a team needs. Crowder in my opinion hasnt established himself as an elite MLB, therefore he can move outside, and make way for Spikes. Hes got all the tools, and will enter a good atmosphere in Miami. He should flourish.
17. Jacksonville- Tim Tebow- I know i will catch flack for this and i agree he will be nothing as a QB in the NFL. But the Jags need to sell tickets, their owner already said he will draft Tebow, im pretty sure he has the final say? The pick doesnt make sense on the football field, becasue he shouldnt see any snaps at all, but hey maybe he proves everybody wrong.
18. Falcons- Jermaine Gresham- At this point in the draft there are no OL i would take over Gresham. I think TG only has maybe 2 years left. Gresham has huge talent. Give him a year or 2 splititng time with Gonzalez to teach him some things, and he will be a stud.
19. Steelers- Greg Hardy- Is it just me or do their DE's not really do much. I know you have Woodley and Harrison on the edge rushing, but still your DEs should have an impact. Hardy is very good, and this is a little late for him, and he could flourish in the Steel City.
20. Baltimore- Arrellious Benn- I know i probably spelled his first name wrong, but does it matter? Mason contemplated retirement, might do it again. Benn has huge upside, if you haven't seen him play, I live in Illinois, this kid's the real deal. Why 20? Well theres not many teams that are really looking for a WR at the top of the draft, but he will be a starter right away and give Flacco a deep threat.
21. Giants- Dan Williams- Playing that year in Kiffin's defense will boost his stock. The Giants need to rush the passer better. Never though i would say that so soon after 07-08 season. Their DTs just arent getting the job done, insert some new blood.
22. Packers- Brandon Graham- The Aaron Kampman move to OLB did not work, and now hes down with an ACL. Maybe they keep him there or set him back down, Graham can stand up no problem. Hes an elite pass rusher, and should fit well in Capers' system.
23. Eagles- Jerry Hughes- Their most obvious need is LB. They have had a revolving door there all season with all the injuries. Hughes comes from a good LB school TCU and has the skill set to be a solid LB in the NFL.
24. Seattle (From Denver)- Colt McCoy- Maybe he slips to the 2nd round, a big need they have here is WR, but there are still alot of solid ones out there. McCoy is the most polished QB in this class. He may never be a HOF but hes a small risk, he will put up good numbers. Hasselbeck can't stay on the field, and is aging. They can't hand over the reigns to Seneca Wallace can they?
25. New England- Sean Witherspoon- It's clear they need help on defense, they cant really stop anybody. Witherspoon may be a bit undersized, but it doesnt matter he makes up for it with his skills and knowledge at the position, perfect fit for the Pats.
26. Arizona- Charles Brown- They are solid everywhere, with no elite CBs on the board, they improve the OL, and give Warner some more protection if he decides to come back. Or get more protection for Leinart, because as we've seen hes going to need it.
27. Dallas- Brandon Lafell- Ok im sorry im still not sold on Miles Austin, and if him and Williams have a bad game the Cowboys suffer. Lafell has real #1 WR talent, and should be alot more consistent than anybody they have. Hes a big target too at 6'3.
28. Cincinnati- Ralondo McClain- Maybe a little low for him, hes a huge talent that Cincy cant pass up. Maulaluga has been solid, but the other LBs are iffy, im not saying their bad, but drafting McClain ensures that the defense's production shouldn't slip next year.
29. San Diego- George Selvie- His stock will rise come time for the combine, hes a freak athletically. San Diego is another suprise team that hasnt been able to rush the passer with consistency this year. Put some more talent on the line like Selvie next year and that will change.
30. Minnesota- Trevard Lindley- Antoine Winfield has been hurt all year, and they really are not too deep at the position. Lindley has talent, he just needs to learn the game a little more.
31. New Orleans- Sean Lee- Another Penn St. LB. Cant really go too wrong there. The defense has been getting shredded lately, but that may have something to do with Jabari Greer missing the last few games.
32. Indianapolis- Earl Thomas- He should go alot higher than this and probably will come the draft. But boy would the Colts love to see him fall. Hes got huge talent, and hopefully will stay on the field unlike their All-Pro S Bob Sanders.
There are problems with this right now i know, but again this is just a prelim. Just kind of trying to feel out the field. Might possibly do a round 2 later.
Posted on: January 16, 2009 6:42 pm
1. Lions- Aaron Curry. I think the Lions without Matt Millen now get smart and dont go after a hit or miss 1st round QB. Aaron Curry has the ability to make a Patrick Willis type impact his rookie season. With a new defensive minded coach look for the Lions to go defense or possibly O-line. Pick up a QB in the later rounds.
2. Rams- Andre Smith. I think at the combines Smith will seperate himself talent wise from Oher as the best OL in the draft. We all have seen the impact OL has on teams in the draft. Browns with Joe Thomas and Dolphins with Jake Long. Both teams vastly improved. Rams have talent but need to put the pieces together.
3. Chiefs- Michael Oher. Tyler Thigpen showed he can play QB in this league. Give him a little more protection and let him run this team. Regardless they are still a few years from being a playoff team.
4. Seahawks- Micheal Crabtree. The Seahawks main problem this season was the QB had nobody to throw too. They were banged up all year. Even with everybody healthy its not a good WR corp. Crabtree doesnt look like a bust. Hes got his head on straight and is an imense talent that they cannot pass up.
5. Browns- Malcom Jenkins. They need to improve on the defensive side of the ball. Eric Wright has developed into a solid corner. Add a little more to that secondary with a huge talent like Jenkins and they may be back on the map next season if they figure out the QB situation.
6. Bengals- Chris "Beanie" Wells. It might be a little high because of injury concerns but when healthy there was nobody better in the NCAA. Hes got Adrian Peterson like talent. The Bengals need to re-establish the running game. I think we all know Cedric Benson cannot be the answer.
8. Jaguars- Eugene Monroe. They really werent able to do anything last season. The defense let them down, but they need to improve on the O-line. We saw so many rookie OL have big impacts with teams last season. Follow the trend.
9. Packers- Everette Brown. KGB is done. They need a new pass rusher. Brown would be available later in the draft also so look for them to trade down.
10. 49ers- Matthew Stafford. Stafford has an arm but he didnt play great this season. Hes a little innacurate this is why i have him at 10, when you look at the QBs that have been taken in the previous drafts they werent really big questions like Stafford is. I dont think he has that Matt Ryan quality.
11. Bills- James Laurinitis. His stock fell a little and i dont really get why. He ran a 4.59 40 time. Thats great for a LB, hes a bit undersized but he will be a great addition. Hes got the speed if they want to move him to the outside as well.
12. Broncos- Ray Maulaluga. They missed out on Laurinitis but Maulaluga is a good consilation prize. Either way the need a MLB, the defense was atrocious and needs to get better.
13. Redskins- Jason Smith. The defense played good, they need to get better on offense now. That starts with protecting Jason Campbell, assuming he still Zorn's guy. They may look at Mark Sanchez too.
15. Texans- Brian Cushing. Get another pass rusher in there. Cushing will be a great OLB in the NFL. They dont have much need they got good players at alot of positions, they just need to put it all together.
16. Chargers- Jeremy Maclin. Chris Chambers was terrible. I know they have a speed guy in Jackson but Maclin gives you alot more options than at WR. Line him up in the back field, hes an immense talent that the Chargers could use.
17. Jets- Mark Sanchez. He goes from one major market to another. I think he will end up being the better QB from this class but people are just drooling over Stafford right now. Sanchez plays well under pressure and has an extreme desire to win. Even if Favre comes back look for them to try and nab Sanchez.
18. Bears- Percy Harvin. Maybe a little high for him because hes undersized, but i say why not. We need to get more explosive on offense. Put him in the backfield with Forte or send him out as a WR, hes electric with the ball in his hand and thats something we needs because we dont get Hester the ball enough.
19. Buccaneers- Brandon Pettigrew. Alex Smith has had the talent since he was drafted, its time to move on. Garcia has re-emerged. Give him another big talented target to throw to. Because i think we all know not to expect Antonio Bryant to put up numbers like that again in 09.
20. Lions- B.J. Raji. Again getting better on the defensive side of the ball. Thats where it needs to start. They could look also at OL, but Raji is a big run stopper up the middle, and pair him up with Curry and they could do some damage.
21. Cardinals- Knowshon Moreno. Edge wants out, did Tim Hightower show that he can really be a feature back? I dont think so. Moreno can be especially in an explosive offense like this where theres not much pressure on him. Moreno might go alot higher than this because i think he will be a standout at the combine.
22. Eagles- Micheal Johnson. They love their pass rushers in Philly. Johnson is a great talent that has some injury history, but at this point in the draft his talent stands out and makes him hard to pass up.
24. Patriots- Paul Kruger. They add another end to an already stout line. They really dont need much help anywhere, maybe LB, but at this point in the draft nobody stands out. Kruger could be built into a 3-4 OLB though.
26. Dolphins- Hakeem Nicks. He doesnt run the fastest 40 time, but he can get the job done. They need another WR to help Ginn's progress. You dont know how Camarillo is going to come back from that knee injury. When hes healthy hes another Wes Welker.
28. Colts- Vontae Davis. Davis has top 15 talent and i think people will see that at the combine. The Colts need another DB in case Jackson doesnt come back playing like he used to. Either way they stand to improve against the pass.
29. Eagles- Duke Robinson. They got another pass rusher earlier in the draft now they look to protect McNabb a little better.
30. Titans- Travis Beckum. Hes coming off a broken leg, but if you have seen this kid play you know why i have him going here. Whoever gets this guy is going to be happy. Hes a playmaking TE, who has alot better potential than Chase Coffman. The Titans still dont have people to throw the ball to, Beckum can solve that.
31. Steelers- Sean Smith. That makes 3 players from Utah taken in the 1st round. Hes the perfect Steeler fit, big and physical. 6'3 210. Might be converted to S, but hes a good fit.
32. Giants- Chase Coffman. I know they like Kevin Boss but the reality is that they rarely used him until Plaxico Burress whent down. That means he was doing something wrong. So they bring in a guy with more talent.
Round 2 possibly coming soon.
Posted on: April 23, 2008 12:34 pm
Edited on: April 23, 2008 6:15 pm
1. Dolphins- Jake Long- Its done. No need speculating on this pick.
2. Rams- Glen Dorsey- They have publically said they are not worried about his injuries. That is the one thing that could drop him in this draft. And if the Rams dont care they will take Dorsey. Who for a long stretch was considered the best talent in this draft.
3. Falcons- Chris Long- Matt Ryan is not a clear cut stud right now. He may very well turn into one, but i dont think the Falcons take that chance. Instead they take a clear cut stud in Chris Long and try for a QB later in the draft and pay far less.
4. Raiders- TRADE. Lions swap 1st round picks and a package of later picks. Lions draft Darren McFadden. Tatum Bell is not a top shelf RB. The Lions may need some more help in other areas, but you cant pass up McFadden. This will take some pressure off Kitna and allow the Lions to have a steady running game they havent had since Barry Sanders left.
5. Chiefs- Vernon Gholston- After trading away Jared Allen today, this makes perfect sense. They now need another elite pass rusher. A young quick extremely athletic kid instead of an aging Allen. They could use help on the OL though, but Clady or Williams arent good enough to spend the 5th pick on. A trade is not out of the question earlier.
6. Jets- Matt Ryan- Lets face it, Pennington isnt good, neither is Kellen Clemens. Neither are going to have great careers in the NFL. Ryan is not guarantee but he has a better shot then anybody they have. This isnt a bad team, they have a solid defense and a pretty good ground game, they need the QB and they will have all the pieces.
7. Patriots- Keith Rivers- Im going back to my earlier prediction. While they may need another CB, there are some decent ones that you can get later in the draft and mold them into another Asante Samuel. Rivers has an excellent skill set. He wont start right away but he will get alot of knowledge learning from guys like Bruschi, Vrabel and Seau. This kid will be a stud.
8. Ravens- Ryan Clady- I still believe their most pressing need is OL. The reason the offense did so bad was because that line was terrible last year. The defense still is excellent. They can figure out the QB situation and McGahee is a great RB. Add an anchor to that OL to get that offense back up and running.
9. Bengals- Sedrick Ellis- While he is more of a NT, he can be groomed into a regular DT. He has almost the same skill set as Dorsey just not the big name. He is still an elite talent and the Bengals cannot strike out with this pick. They need any kind of help they can get of defense.
10. Saints- Mike Jenkins- Their most pressing need is secondary help. The CB pool is a big cluster. Guys keep flipping as the top and what their talents really are. Its a gamble. But Jenkins is the one guy that hasnt fallen or risen much on anybodys board. He is probably the safest pick at CB.
11. Bills- Chris Williams- This isnt a bad team. They could use some more help on the OL though. This is a little high for Williams, so they may look to trade down and get more picks.
12. Broncos- Rashard Mendenhall- They have a mass of DEs. We all know what Shanahan can do with RBs. Henry is a little risky. Mendenhall is an elite talent right now .You add him into the Broncos system, great things can happen.
13. Panthers- Derrick Harvey- Their main stay at DE Mike Rucker just retired. They need somebody to fill those shoes. Harvey isnt on the level of a Vernon Gholston yet, but he can get there with a little work. Him and Peppers rushing from the ends in a couple years is a scary thing to think about.
14. Bears- Jeff Otah- The biggest thing we need is a OL. We struck out in FA. I wouldnt be shocked if JA trades this pick either. I would also like to see us bring in Kenny Phillips.
15. Raiders from Lions- Branden Albert- We all assume that Russell is going to be the starting QB this season. It never hurts to give him some extra protection. Albert is listed as a G, but some say he will be better at T. Time will tell. No matter where you stick him he should be solid.
16. Cardinals- Dan Connor- He has risen on the boards these last few weeks. Hes a very good talent and knows how to play his position with the best of them. The cards could also be looking for a RB so a trade is a possibility as well.
17. Chiefs-Sam Baker- Acquiring this pick from Minnesota helps alot. They get the OL they so desperatley need and avoid having to pay Allen a huge sum of money like he just got.
18. Texans- Malcom Kelly- This draft doesnt bring that stud receiver that so many do. But it is deep at that position. It is really a revolving list on who the best are. Malcom Kelly is very good. Matt Schaub did ok last season, as did Rosenfels. Who will be the starter, im not sure. But adding another threat for whoever the QB is doesnt hurt.
19. Eagles- Quentin Groves- A hybrid OLB/DE. The Eagles do need a reciever, but they may be able to steal one in the 2nd or 3rd round. Groves is a good talent that can become elite with a little bit of work and getting in the right system. Hes one of the fastest LBs in this draft. 4.43 40.
20. Buccaneers- Devin Thomas- He had one good season in college and impressed at the combine. Some are skeptical. It may take him a year to really get his feet under him but he will get there. Galloway is still producing but hes up there in age, how long can that last. Clayton hasnt done anything of significance since his rookie year. They need another WR.
21. Redskins- Mario Manningham- This is one thing that hasnt changed in any of my mocks. The Bengals turned down their offer for Chad Johnson. That means they are really looking to land a receiver. Manningham will compliment this team perfectly. He gives you down field speed along with being able to go over the middle and be a posession receiver.
22. Cowboys- Chris Johnson- Hes a bit unkown to most. But he has blazing speed. 4.29 40. All the Dallas fans are screaming that they need another RB opposited MBIII. Well here you go. Hes the perfect compliment to Barber as well. Barber is the smashmouth RB that gets the tough yards. And Johnson is the blazing fast RB that can break a big one at any moment.
23. Steelers- Aqib Talib- The Steelers are always looking for help at CB. They have some solid guys that can play. Add in Talib who is a top talent at corner this defense only gets better.
24. Titans- Limas Sweed- Bring back the old Texas connection. You know if Sweed is still out there VY will push for this. And you have to try and please your franchise player. Sweed is also very talented. Hes coming off knee surgery so it may take him some time to adjust but he will get there. This is the main thing that the Titans need in this draft is a top shelf WR.
25. Seahawks- Jonathan Stewart- Yes i know they just got Duckett and Jones. But what do those guys bring? They just let go of Alexander, so that gives them some money to play with. Stewart has better promise than Jones does at this point. He can be a stud RB and Holmgren can get him there even if he is only around for one more year.
26. Jaguars- Phillip Merling- They still need a solid WR, but that can come later. Merling fell a little bit. He is a very good DE and the Jags are getting a steal landing him at 26.
27. Chargers- Leodis McKelvin- Needing some more help in the secondary, they take McKelvin. They lost a few guys to FA this year and with this league turning pass happy, an abundance of good DBs is a must. McKelvin also brings a great return game to the table.
28. Cowboys- Calais Campbell- They could use another guy that can rush from the outside. Calais Campbell is a question mark at this point. We all know he has the talent but can he get it going in the NFL. Only time will tell. But he will get a good chance playing in Dallas.
29. 49ers- Kenny Phillps- They need help all over. Starting in the secondary isnt a bad start. I still really like Phillips and i think he is going to be a stud. The 9ers are committing grand larceny by landing Phillips this late.
30. Packers- Fred Davis- Lets try this again. I was tarred and feathered when i said they would take Davis in my original mock. Lets see what happens this time. This pick makes sense especially with Favre leaving. Rodgers is going to need all the help he can get. Addind a good pass catching TE can work wonders for a young QB just getting his 1st start.
31. Giants- Dominique Rodgers Cromartie- They dont need more help on the defense, but it wont hurt. I really dont think their CBs are anything to cheer about. Adding Cromartie will pay dividends. Hes also a solid return guy.
Posted on: March 13, 2008 12:34 am
1. Dolphins- Sedrick Ellis- I still think Dorsey is a better talent, but injuries are becoming an issue. Ellis is about just as good. They are still going to get a game changing DT just with out the possible risk. Ellis is also a little better working out of the 3-4 wich we assume is what the Dolphins will be using.
2.Rams- Jake Long- As long as the Dolphins dont take him the Rams have to. They also need some help on the DL. But OL was their biggest problem last season. They need to fix that and Jake Long is as much of a sure thing there is in this draft. He will step in right away and make a difference.
3. Falcons- Matt Ryan- Some rumors have Flacco going ahead of Ryan. That is not going to happen. No matter what the Falcons do with this pick they will have to rebuild for a couple seasons. They need to start off with a solid QB thats not going to screw them in the end.
4. Raiders- Chris Long- Its really a toss up at this point between Dorsey and Long. Long and Dorsey are sure things in my mind. Dorsey just has a bit of an injury problem. And plus as we all know Chris' dad was a HOF DE for them. I cant see them passing him up.
5. Chiefs- They trade the pick.Cincinatti trades up and draft McFadden. Call me crazy if you will. I know Cincy needs help more on defense, but they are a contender right now. Rudi Johnson looks like hes slipping. McFadden puts them over the top.
6. Jets- Glen Dorsey- They were hoping that nobody traded up but Cincy did and they cant get McFadden anymore. So they are still drooling over the fact that possibly the best DL in the draft is still there. They cant pass him up. I dont care what their DT position looks like, Dorsey is too good to pass up at 6
7. Patriots- Dominique Rodgers Cromartie- I still think drafting Keith Rivers would be the better move, but they need another CB. Cromartie is flying up draft boards. NE needs to replace Samuel. Cromartie is an emense talent and will blossom in Belichecks system wich seems to produce All-Pro CBs at a scary pace.
8. Ravens- Ryan Clady- The biggest issue was the OL. QB is another issue as well, but they have a few young options they can go with instead of drafting another 1st rounder. Clady is a safe pick and fills a huge need for the Ravens.
9. Chiefs- Chris Williams- They were hoping to get Clady here but Baltimore wasnt letting him fall. So they get Williams instead. Not bad. He will be a solid OL for years to come. They fll a big need. And in the process grab a couple more picks from the Bengals and continue with the rebuilding process.
10. Saints- Leodis McLevin- The biggest concern is the secondary. Leodis McKelvin is still a little unproven, but he had a very good combine, and he adds an electrifying return game to the mix. The Saints cant pass him up.
11. Bills- Vernon Gholston- They are shocked that he fell here. But nobody really needed a DE/LB that bad in the 1st 10 picks. The Bills have a few concerns. They could use help on the OL but nobody sticks out right now. Gholston is a hybrid. He is a phenomenal pass rusher. And will bring a missing piece to the Bills defense.
12. Broncos- Malcom Kelly- They let Walker go. Cutler is still growing he needs some more people to throw to other than Marshall. Kelly is the top WR in this class. He is almost a carbon copy of Marshall, w/o the run blocking skills. But he should help a growing Cutler turn into a Pro Bowl QB.
13. Panthers- Keith Rivers- They let Morgan go because of injury concerns still. Other than him they didnt have many solid LBs. Rivers has proven himself. It may take him awhile to adapt but eventually he will get it. They have some other pressing issues, but at this point you have to take the best player on the board.
14. Bears- Jeff Otah- We need OL. Angelo has done nothing to bring a solid OL in via FA. The line isnt going to get fixed through the draft. He needs to sign somebody. And no matter what OL is here we almost need to take them. Its going to be a sad season.
15. Lions- Phillip Merling- He is flying up draft boards. Hes no Gaines Adams, but hes still very good. The Lions need help all over the defense. I know they just signed Dwayne White last year, but it never hurts to get deep. As long as they dont draft a WR they should be okay.
16. Cardinals- Jonathan Stewart- Edge is not the same runner he was 3 years ago. They need somebody that is going to replace him. Stewart is the 2nd best RB in the draft. They have a little extra money after restructuring Fitz's contract. So it makes sense.
17. Vikings- Brian Brohm- Yes they have some more pressing issues in the secondary, but would you really trust Tavaris Jackson with a playoff potential team? I wouldnt. Brian Brohm is a pure passer and a game manager. He will keep the Vikings in games, as well as not throw costly INTs that take them out of games. Maybe we will see a Derek Anderson type reaction out of Jackson, but i doubt it.
18. Texans- Felix Jones- Despite some saying hes out of the 1st round, on talent alone hes at least the 3rd best RB in this class. Hes got a world of talent. Remember coming out of H.S. he was rated higher than McFadden. Hes got blazing speed and will be a great RB for years to come. The Texans are only missing a steady running game on offense. This team could be sniffing playoffs if Jones produces.
19. Eagles- Devin Thomas- Ive heard things like the Eagles wont take a WR in the 1st round because they never have. Well what they have been doing hasnt been working. So its time for a change. Thomas needs to be coached up a little bit before he taps into his potential in the NFL. Eagles will have to be patient as it may take a month or two for him to get in rythm.
20. Buccaneers- Derrick Harvey- They really dont have many solid DEs anymore. A LB like Connor is also a possibility, but Harvey is a better player. This team will be even better this season.
21. Redskins- Mario Manningham- I stand by my 1st mock draft with this one. They still need another WR opposite Santana Moss. Manningham is going to be much more consistent than anybody else they have. Hes got the size, speed and hands to make him a top WR in a few years.
22. Cowboys- Dan Connor- When playng the 3-4 an abundance of LBs is a must. They have some solid ones. So here they beef up and add another solid one. Connor will be the next Penn St. LB to make it big in the pros. Its amazing how many LBs they produce.
23. Steelers- Aqib Talib- Hes just as talented as Cromartie and McKelvin. He just doesnt have the work ethic that those guys have. That will change when he comes to Pitt. His real talents will be brought out. With all the spread offenses we are seeing, having solid CBs is a must in todays game.
24. Titans- DeSean Jackson- Is there any question they need to draft a WR. VY has nobody to throw to. Yea Crumpler helps, but he hasnt been able to stay healthy so your not sure what you can get out of him. Jackson has blazing speed the things him and VY can do will become scary. He also adds more in the return game then they have.
25. Seahawks- Reshard Mendenhall- I thought they would try and trade up for McFadden, but they want to stick with Alexander for one more season. So they take a cheaper less talented route at getting a new RB. Mendenhall is still very good, just not McFadden good. He will add some relief to Alexander as well.
26. Jaguars- Mike Jenkins- After getting torched by Brady in the playoffs its clear they could use another CB. Mike Jenkins fell a bit because alot of the mid round teams didnt need a CB. But hes still a top 15 talent. And should help out right away in Jacksonville.
27. Chargers- Brendan Albert- Top G in this class. They could use some more protection for Rivers and LT. This team doesnt need much.
28. Cowboys- Limas Sweed- Patrick Crayton is an ok 2nd option. But they need somebody to take the double teams off of Owens. Crayton doesnt do that. Sweed has the size and speed to get it done. He will give Romo more options and hopefully help him avoid another 2nd half slump.
29. 49ers- Calais Campbell- They are hurting all over. Adding a solid pass rusher is a decent start. Getting rid of their 1st round pick was a mistake they clearly could use that pick now.
30. Packers- Sam Baker- With Favre leaving they need to give Aaron Rodgers as much time to throw as possible. Limit his mistakes. He will have a growing period. But adding more OL is a must. Baker is puzzling. Some have him as a high 1st rounder and some have him as a 2nd rounder. Hes somewhere in between to me.
31. Giants- Quentin Groves- They lost a few LBs. They cant pull a Bears and Steelers and not do anything to improve after a SB win or appearence. No matter what you do you need to improve every year other wise you will do what the Steelers and Bears did in their respective SB appearences.
Posted on: February 17, 2008 9:36 pm
Edited on: February 25, 2008 1:10 pm
32. Dolphins- Jeff Otah T, Pitt- With Williams gone Otah is the next best OL. Wich is what they need. Parcells is going to start the rebuild process in the trenches. Hell give Beck and Clemon a chance. To do that they need more protection then they got last year.
33. Rams- Terrel Thomas CB, USC- After adding a great pass blocker in the 1st round they need to go back and find a solid position player. The secondary is decent but can use some improvment. While Thomas isnt as good as the CBs taken in the 1st round hes still solid. His 40 time is something that may drop his stock a little bit (4.50)
34.Raiders -Limas Sweed WR, Texas- In the 1st round they added a main stay kid at DE. Assuming JaMarcus Russell is the starter next season he needs somebody better than Porter and Curry to throw to. Limas Sweed is a big WR. His 40 time is solid for being 6'5 (4.50). Hes coming off a torn ACL so hes gonna need a little time to really hit his stride.
35.Chiefs- Carl Nicks T, Nebraska- Crolye shows promise. But he will never pan out unless he gets more protection. OL is a big need. After Long went in the 1st round there was no OL worth drafting at 3. Here they get a solid one.
36.Jets- Sam Baker T, USC- It never hurts to add some extra protecton on the line. Sam Baker could be a 1st rounder it all depends on how he does at the combine. Regardless of what round he goes he will be a good OL for years to come.
37.Falcons- Reggie Smith DB, Oklahoma- They took what they hope to be their franchise QB in the 1st round. Adding a WR here would make sense also, but id go after something on the defensive side of the ball. Smith is a hybrid DB. He can play either S or CB.
38.Ravens- Devin Thomas WR, MSU- Some people are really high on this kid and others are not. Im somewhere in the middle. His 40 time hasnt been posted but hes a big body WR (6'2). Hes got potential. Mason had a solid bounce back season but Clayton took a huge step back. This was supposed to be his break out year and he did terrible. If they want any of these QBs to suceed they need somebody to throw to.
39.49ers - Gosder Chelius T, B.C.- Alez Smith is never going to fill out unless he has time to throw. He has the speed to make things happen on his own but its not enough right now. Chelius is a possible 1st rounder. Right now hes sitting on the fence. If he really impresses at the combine he will shoot up into the 1st round.
40.Saints- Tavares Gooden OLB, Miami- Really the only help they need is on defense. They added secondary help in the 1st round. Now its time to get some solidity at the LB position. Gooden runs a 4.55 40 time and is 6'2. Hes got the skill set to be a great LB.
41. Bills- Quentin Groves DE, Auburn- They added the offensive weapon with Jackson. Now its time to add some depth to the D line. Quentin Groves is considered a 1st round talent by some. It really depends what he does at the combine and who is really hurting for a DE. Either way he should be a soild player.
42. Broncos- Dominique Rodgers Cromartie CB, TSU- This kid is flying up draft boards. Hes got a great skill set. Hes 6'1 and runs a 4.47, 40. The Broncos have 2 great CBs in Bailey and Bly. But after those 2 it dips off. With all the spread offenses were seeing lately an abundance of solid CBs is a must.
43. Panthers- Chad Henne QB, Michigan- Big guy with a rocket arm. As long as he can stay healthy he is pinpoint accurate. He had a bad senior season due to a dislocated throwing shoulder. I know they just gave David Carr that contract to back up Delhomme, but he couldnt even do that last season. They need to add another QB that can get the ball to Steve Smith down field.
44. Bears - Joe Flacco QB, Deleware- I got the chance to watch this kid play in the D-II playoffs. Hes very good. Some guys even have him going in the 1st round at some point. There is a chance that it could just be all hype, but thats not likely. Its obvious we need another QB. With Henne off the board Flacco is the best out there and he will not last to the 3rd round. OL and RB can be adressed later or in FA.
45.Lions- Anthony Collins T, Kansas- They drafted Brohm now they need to give him some added protection. They cant let him turn into Kitna and Harrington. They cant do anything with no protection. Adding Collins is a step in the right direction. I still think drafting Calvin Johnson over Joe Thomas was a mistake.
46. Benglas- Justin King CB, Penn St.- We all know how bad the defense is. They added the pass rusher they need in the 1st round. Here they grab a guy with blazing speed who wont really get burnt all that often. He also brings more to the special teams area.
47. Vikings- Lawrence Jackson DE, USC- With Udeze out for who knows how long, they need to fill a void. Udeze never really filled into his potential. Hopefully Lawrence Jackson can. Hes a good pass rusher and will help out their bad secondary by giving the QB less time in the pocket. Now only if Erasmus James could produce.
48. Falcons- Mike McGlynn T, Pitt- Theyre taking a step in the right direction. They need to draft smart with these 3 picks. They need to give Ryan more protection in the pocket. While McGlynn isnt the best OL hes still the best out there.
49. Eagles- Phillip Merling DE, Clemson- Jevon Kearse is getting on his last legs. They added the steady WR they needed in the 1st round. Here they add a solid pass rusher who has good speed for a guy his size (6'5, 4.7 40).
50. Cardinals- Jamaal Charles RB, Texas- Edge is getting to the end of his career. J.J. Arrington isnt a viable replacement. Jamaal Charles gives them some big play ability at the RB position that they havent had for awhile.
51. Redskins- Oniel Cousins G, UTEP- The top G in this class. They added the posession receiver they needed with their 1st round pick. They see Campbell as their future. It doesnt hurt to add more depth to their OL. The defense was good enough last year. They just need to revamp the offense.
52. Buccaneers- Curtis Lofton LB, Oklahoma- Derrick Brooks is almost done. They need to find somebody to replace him. I know they just added Cato June, but Lofton has the possibility of becoming a MLB wich is what they are going to need when Brooks does retire.
53. Steelers- Geno Hayes LB, FSU- With no OL standing out right now they add a little more depth to the defense. Geno Hayes was a highly coveted prospect coming out of H.S. He never really live up to his potential. But hes still solid.
54. Titans- Pat Sims DT, Auburn- They may be losing a couple D lineman to FA. Sims is an insurance policy. Plus hes a pretty talented DT. At 6'4 315 he will be a solid run stopper.
55. Seahawks- John Greco G, Toledo- The line has never been the same since Hutchinson left. While Greco doesnt give them the T theyve been missing he still gives them another body on the OL.
57. Dolphins- Xavier Adibi LB, Va. Tech- They cut Zach Thomas. So they need to fill that LB spot. While Adibi isnt a clear cut MLB he can be groomed into one. He has the experience. He was a 4 year starter at Va. Tech. He will come in right away and do good things.
58. Jaguars- Tony Hills T, Texas- Adding more beef on the line never hurt anybody. We all know that Garrard doesnt make many mistakes. If you can give him a little more time to throw the ball, he can turn into a QB that can make plays not just manage the game.
59. Colts- Robert Felton G, Arkansas- Their main weakness last year was the line. Manning was rushed all season long. A big part of that was Tony Ugoh being hurt. But Manning had his worst season in a long time. They need to add more capable bodies on the line that will give Manning more time.
60. Packers- Phillip Wheeler LB, Ga. Tech- Hawk and Barnett are great. But they are missing that 3rd guy. Adding Wheeler will give them more depth to an already deep defense. And possibly give them that 3rd LB theyve been missing for quite some time.
61. Cowboys- Chris Johnson RB, ECU- Kid's stock is soaring. Hes blazing fast. 4.29 40. With Jones most likely leaving they need to get a new 2nd RB. Johnson will be a great change of pace from Barber. They are 2 completley different types of runners.
62. Giants- Jonathan Hefney S, Tenn.- Gibril Wilson is all but gone. They need to find somebody to replace him. Theyre not real strong at this position to begin with. Hefney isnt at the talent level of Kenny Phillips but hes still the 2nd best S in the draft.
63. Patriots- Jack Ikegwuonu CB, Wisconsin- With the possibility of losing Asante Samuel they need a replacement. Ike was a very good CB at UW. Hes very fast. And has the knowledge needed to play the position. Belicheck will teach him well and in a few years he will probably be just like Samuel is right now.
Posted on: February 8, 2008 1:09 pm
Edited on: February 26, 2008 11:16 am
1. Dolphins- Sedrick Ellis- With all the problems Dorsey has been having with his leg lately i dont think Parcells will wanna take any chances. He needs to hit a HR with this pick and he wont do it with a guy who is banged up.
2. Rams- Jake Long- The line is terrible. It was the #1 reason for their struggles this season. Bulger was sacked way too many times and thats why he got hurt so much. Jake Long is a sure thing. He will fill a huge void on the line for the Rams.
3. Atlanta- Matt Ryan- Personally i think Brian Brohm will be the better QB. But Matt Ryan has all the hype right now. If Petrino had stayed you would see Brohm not Ryan going here.
4. Raiders- Chris Long. I think they will take a long look at Sedrick Ellis but decide to go with Long anyway. Sapp is getting old and Ellis wouldnt be a bad pick either. But its Al Davis so who knows that theyll do.
5. Chiefs- Glen Dorsey- They wont get scared off. Not at #5. Hes got the talent to be #1 but now his leg is in question again. So he slips a little bit. If he can get the injury straightened out quick he will be an impact DT for years to come.
6. Jets- Darren McFadden- Thomas Jones did nothing. Washington is nothing more than a backup. Mangini will be salivating when he sees that McFadden is still on the board. He gives them the huge playmaker that they've been missing since they traded Santana Moss.
7. Patriots- Keith Rivers- Gholston is the better talent, but NE needs another LB. Rivers is dependable. He will be a good pro for along time. Plus sitting a year behind guys like Bruschi, Seau and Vrabel will give this guy so much knowledge about the position. He could turn into an All-Pro very soon.
8. Baltimore- Ryan Clady- The defense doesnt need to be touched. I think they wanna give Smith and Boller the shot at QB this season so Brohm is out of the question. The line was bad last year. Clady is very good. A little raw. But guys like Ogden will teach him well in Baltmore.
9. Cincinatti- Vernon Gholtson- The defense is abismal. They need a good pass rusher so the secondary doesnt keep getting torched every game. Gholston fills that spot very well.
10. Saints- Aliq Talib- I still think that Talib is the best CB talent in the draft. Some say Jenkins and Cason are better. But Talib was labled the best coming into the season as a Jr. and i still think that holds true. They need help in the secondary so it makes sense.
11. Bills- Mike Jenkins CB- After some consideration ive seen that Desean Jackson isnt the receiver i thought he would be. This may be a tad high for Jenkins, but the Bills need some secondary help. Jenkins should come in right away and play well.
12. Broncos- Felix Jones- Travis Henry has problems. Hes got decent talent. But he was even inconsistent last year. Any RB can succeed in this offense. Throw a guy like Jones who has crazy talent in the mix and they can do wonders.
13. Panthers- Derick Harvey- This team has so much talent every year they just havent been able to finish the season. Injuries are a big part of it. They need another solid DE. Harvey is the best player out there right now.
14. Bears- Heres the dillemma. You need to fill 2 positions. Both wich are available right now. QB and S. Kenny Phillips- While i really like Brohm i tihnk we need to fill the huge gap at S before we adress the QB position. We could draft a guy like Brennan or Henne later. But Phillips is an emense talent at S. The only good S in this draft really. Hes a Sean Taylor type player. Body of a LB speed of a S.
15. Lions- Brian Brohm- Its almost amazing that he falls this far. Kitna lost a little respect from the coaches at the end of last year. Stanton is a walking glass piece. They need a good steady QB to right the ship.
16. Cardinals- Antoine Cason- Antrell Rolle finally made strides. But they still could use a guy opposite him. Cason had 10 INTs last season. Hes got the talent and the mind set to be a shut down corner someday.
17. Minnesotta- Desean Jackson- They want Tavares Jackson to pan out. Well thats a little hard to do when all his receivers are terrible. They dont really have any speedy receivers just a bunch of posession guys really. Tavares can throw the deep ball, give him a speedster like Desean and he can make things happen. Plus his upside is what he brings to the return game as well.
18. Houston- Jonathan Stewart- Ahman Green is terrible. Schaub didnt do bad.The defense is actually pretty good. The biggest need is a consistent RB. Stewart is the epitome of that.
19. Eagles- Malcom Kelly- McNabb hasnt had a good WR since T.O. Kelly has good combo of size and speed. He should bring some stability to the Eagles offense.
20. Bucs- Sam Baker- They have a couple solid RBs. The defense is good. Add another solid OL to fill out.
21. Redskins- Mario Manningham- Santana Moss is inconsistent. Randle El was a bad investment. They dont have a posession recevier other than Cooley. Manningham can be a downfield threat or he can go over the middle and get it done. Hes a perfect fit for them and a young developing QB in Campbell.
22. Cowboys- Chris Williams OT- They dont NEED much. Romo's protection kind of faltered torward the end of the season. It never hurts to add another OL.
23. Steelers- Kentwan Balmer- The defense didnt look really good down the stretch. Balmer is a good run stuffing DT. They have a good defense as is, add some more depth.
24. Titans- James Hardy- Tall, athletic, speedster. VY needs somebody to throw to. While Hardy isnt as good as guys like Manningham and Jackson hes stil pretty good. He can turn out to be a monster as long as he progresses right.
25. Seahawks- They need to trade up and draft McFadden, but if they dont- Rashard Mendenhall- They need a RB. Alexander is done that was proven last year. Mendenhall is still a little bit of a ? but at this point hes the best RB prospect out there.
26. Jaguars- Early Doucet- Coming out of HS he was labeled as the second coming. At LSU hes never lived up to the hype. Injuries are mostly to blame. But hes still an immense talent. Nobody ever really taught him how to use his blazing speed and size the right way. Hell be coming into a debocled WR core in J'ville. Maybe he can finally be the 1st round WR that turns out for them.
27. Chargers- Leodis Mckelvin- Jammer and Cromartie are beasts. It doesnt hurt to add another solid CB in case on goes down. McKelvin is a little bit of a toss up but at this point hes a good pick.
28. Cowboys- Dan Connor- They could use a soilid ILB. Dan Connor is yet another Penn St. LB product. He will be a solid LB for years to come. He will benefit greatley from a year learning under Zach Thomas.
29. 49ers- Calais Campbell- At the begining of the year he was a top 10 prospect. Hes fallen some but hes still got the talent. They need help all over. But having a solid pass rusher is a good start.
30. Packers- Fred Davis- Ruvel Martin is ok. Fred Davis is a good athletic TE. They need more and more weapons on offense to help Rodgers when Favre steps down. Davis should turn out to be an awsome TE.
31 Giants- Tyson Jackson- A top 10 prospect to start the season. Hes still got the talent, he just needs the coaching to learn how to use it all. Couhglin is good at that. Also its another insucrance policy in case Strahan does step down.