Posted on: February 19, 2010 7:28 pm
Edited on: April 21, 2010 5:22 pm
I am in no way an expert but I'm a big football fan (Bears fan, ughhh) and i do this for fun.
1. Rams- Sam Bradford- This is the likely pick now, unless they trade down. I dont agree, but it is the Rams.
2. Lions- Ndamukong Suh- Best prospect in the draft. Jim Schwartz has to be salivating that he falls to #2. You know how he loves his big DTs.
3. Buccaneers- Eric Berry- He has solidfied himself as the #1 safety. Buccanneers need help on D.
4. Redskins- Russell Okung- They need to give McNabb some protection. Okung is the best OL in the draft.
5. Chiefs- Trent Williams- I dont see them taking McCoy because they still haven't given up on Dorsey. They need to protect Cassel better though. Williams is a great talent.
6. Seahawks- Gerald McCoy- He probably doesnt fall to 6, but if he does Seattle will pounce. They need some help up front and some will argue that McCoy is the 2nd best player in the draft.
7. Browns- Rolando McClain- I don't think they draft QB this year. Unless they trade up and take Bradford, or go after somebody in the 2nd round. Holmgren is smart. McClain is as close to a sure thing there is.
8. Raiders- Bryan Bulaga- Who knows what this pick will be. Something far out there wont surprise me. But this would be the smart pick. If they wanna give Russell another shot, they gotta protect him.
9. Bills- Jimmy Clausen- Trent Edwards has not proven himself. This may not be a bad team if they had a QB. I think Clausen will be the better QB between him and Bradford.
10. Jaguars- Derrick Morgan- I know they drafted Harvey and Groves 2 years ago, but neither of them has had a productive season at all. They have to be able to put pressure on the QB or they will never win.
11. Broncos- Dez Bryant- With Marshall gone they need a #1. Eddie Royal is a good posession WR, but hes not going to stretch the field on anybody. Bryant is a little bit of a risk. But they have so many picks they can take a gamble on him.
12. Dolphins- Joe Haden- They filled the WR need, now they could get some help in the secondary. Haden is easily the best CB prospect in the draft and seems like a pretty good bet for the NFL.
13. 49ers- Anthony Davis- He has moved up the boards quite a bit. Theyre giving Alex Smith another shot and rightfully so, he did pretty solid last year. Get him some more protection and see if he can repeat the production.
14. Seahawks- C.J Spiller- Yell, scream, do whatever you want. They improved the defense with their first pick. Justin Forsett is really good but not a 30 carry back. Spiller can be Chris Johnson hes that good.
15. Giants- Dan Williams- They need a LB but with McClain gone, not this high. They probably trade down. But they need some interior DL help. The guys they got arent taking pressure off Tuck and Umenyiora, thats why you saw production fall off last yet. Williams is a more 3-4 type, but he can play regardless.
16. Titans- Jason Pierre Paul- Kyle Vandenbosch really is not a factor anymore. The defense wasnt able to put pressure on the QB like they were the year before. Paul is a fast riser on the board and rightfully so. Hes very talented.
17. 49ers- Brandon Graham- Balmer has been a huge bust. Justin Smith is not playing on the level he has in years past. Francois cant stay healthy. They need to rush the passer better. A defensive mind like Singletary knows that. Graham is a very good DE, has a lot of experience playing all 4 years at Michigan as well.
18. Steelers- Golden Tate- With the absence of Santonio Holmes they need another WR. Ward has only a couple years left. And you want to keep Wallace in the slot if possible. Tate can stratch the field, and has really proven himself over the last few weeks.
19. Falcons- Sergio Kindle- They need some more edge rushers. John Abraham was nowhere to be found last year after dominating the season prior. Kindle can stand up or play down. Hes a very talented OLB.
20. Texans- Earl Thomas- With Dunta Robinson gone they need another CB. Earl Thomas played S in college, but hes undersized and has tremendous speed. He Projects as more of a CB. A good one at that.
21. Bengals- Jermaine Gresham- Gresham will be a huge addition to the passing game. Hes not much of a blocker, but hes an amazing receiver. If he can prove the knee is back to 100% look for him to go alot higher than this. The Bengals haven't had a good TE in a long time. Palmer needs some more weapons.
22. Patriots- Mike Iupati- Brady got sacked alot last year. This OL hasnt looked the same since they got dismantled by the Giants in the SB. They need some fresh blood on the line.
23. Packers- Sean Witherspoon- With Kampman gone, they need to fill a hole at OLB. Witherspoon may be the best player on the board at this point. They need to improve the OL too, but they can get a guy like Bruce Campbell in the 2nd round.
24. Eagles- Kyle Wilson- The secondary was sketchy as it was last year. Now you take away Lito Sheppard and its that much worse. Wilson may be a bit of a project, but he has all the tools to be a very good CB.
25. Ravens- Taylor Mays- They have never really had anybody opposite Reed. And with Reed contemplating retirement, they need to get somebody new. Mays has huge talent. Some coverage questions. I think hes a stud. Even if they want to turn him into a LB he can succeed anyway.
26. Cardinals-Jerry Hughes- They need some LB help. Hughes is a 3-4 guy so he fits right in. Extremely athletic just needs to be coached up a bit.
27. Cowboys- Bruce Campbell- Hes extremely athletic. The defense really doesnt have many awful needs, the OL can improve. Campbell will probably need to be worked with a little. But if he plays like he can he will be a staple on this OL.
28. Chargers- Ryan Matthews- He can be an every down back. Thats what they need. Sproles is not, and neither is a guy like Best. Matthews runs hard, and has durability. Great compliment for Sproles.
29. Jets- Patrick Robinson- Darelle Revis is the best CB in the game. But he really doesnt have much of a counter part on this team. Robinson has all the skills, and maybe with some teaching from Revis he can become a solid CB.
30. Vikings-Sean Lee - When E.J. Henderson went down, they thought Jasper Brinkley could fill his spot. He didnt do it very well, and that hurt them in the playoffs. Lee is a typical Penn St. style LB, he should be a solid pro.
31. Colts- Maurkice Pouncey- A very good C prospect. As the first comment states, Jeff Saturday is almost done. The line is always banged up. They could use a huge talent like Pouncey. Still think they need some DL help, but theres still a few good guys left in round 2.
32. Saints- Terrance Cody- The Colts were running the ball pretty well against them to start. And then they just stopped. The defense is very much under rated. You put a big run stopper like Cody aside Sedrick Ellis, and thats scary. Not many teams will be able to run anymore. Cody doesnt have the stanima to ever really be a superstar, but his impact will be felt.
Posted on: January 16, 2009 6:42 pm
1. Lions- Aaron Curry. I think the Lions without Matt Millen now get smart and dont go after a hit or miss 1st round QB. Aaron Curry has the ability to make a Patrick Willis type impact his rookie season. With a new defensive minded coach look for the Lions to go defense or possibly O-line. Pick up a QB in the later rounds.
2. Rams- Andre Smith. I think at the combines Smith will seperate himself talent wise from Oher as the best OL in the draft. We all have seen the impact OL has on teams in the draft. Browns with Joe Thomas and Dolphins with Jake Long. Both teams vastly improved. Rams have talent but need to put the pieces together.
3. Chiefs- Michael Oher. Tyler Thigpen showed he can play QB in this league. Give him a little more protection and let him run this team. Regardless they are still a few years from being a playoff team.
4. Seahawks- Micheal Crabtree. The Seahawks main problem this season was the QB had nobody to throw too. They were banged up all year. Even with everybody healthy its not a good WR corp. Crabtree doesnt look like a bust. Hes got his head on straight and is an imense talent that they cannot pass up.
5. Browns- Malcom Jenkins. They need to improve on the defensive side of the ball. Eric Wright has developed into a solid corner. Add a little more to that secondary with a huge talent like Jenkins and they may be back on the map next season if they figure out the QB situation.
6. Bengals- Chris "Beanie" Wells. It might be a little high because of injury concerns but when healthy there was nobody better in the NCAA. Hes got Adrian Peterson like talent. The Bengals need to re-establish the running game. I think we all know Cedric Benson cannot be the answer.
8. Jaguars- Eugene Monroe. They really werent able to do anything last season. The defense let them down, but they need to improve on the O-line. We saw so many rookie OL have big impacts with teams last season. Follow the trend.
9. Packers- Everette Brown. KGB is done. They need a new pass rusher. Brown would be available later in the draft also so look for them to trade down.
10. 49ers- Matthew Stafford. Stafford has an arm but he didnt play great this season. Hes a little innacurate this is why i have him at 10, when you look at the QBs that have been taken in the previous drafts they werent really big questions like Stafford is. I dont think he has that Matt Ryan quality.
11. Bills- James Laurinitis. His stock fell a little and i dont really get why. He ran a 4.59 40 time. Thats great for a LB, hes a bit undersized but he will be a great addition. Hes got the speed if they want to move him to the outside as well.
12. Broncos- Ray Maulaluga. They missed out on Laurinitis but Maulaluga is a good consilation prize. Either way the need a MLB, the defense was atrocious and needs to get better.
13. Redskins- Jason Smith. The defense played good, they need to get better on offense now. That starts with protecting Jason Campbell, assuming he still Zorn's guy. They may look at Mark Sanchez too.
15. Texans- Brian Cushing. Get another pass rusher in there. Cushing will be a great OLB in the NFL. They dont have much need they got good players at alot of positions, they just need to put it all together.
16. Chargers- Jeremy Maclin. Chris Chambers was terrible. I know they have a speed guy in Jackson but Maclin gives you alot more options than at WR. Line him up in the back field, hes an immense talent that the Chargers could use.
17. Jets- Mark Sanchez. He goes from one major market to another. I think he will end up being the better QB from this class but people are just drooling over Stafford right now. Sanchez plays well under pressure and has an extreme desire to win. Even if Favre comes back look for them to try and nab Sanchez.
18. Bears- Percy Harvin. Maybe a little high for him because hes undersized, but i say why not. We need to get more explosive on offense. Put him in the backfield with Forte or send him out as a WR, hes electric with the ball in his hand and thats something we needs because we dont get Hester the ball enough.
19. Buccaneers- Brandon Pettigrew. Alex Smith has had the talent since he was drafted, its time to move on. Garcia has re-emerged. Give him another big talented target to throw to. Because i think we all know not to expect Antonio Bryant to put up numbers like that again in 09.
20. Lions- B.J. Raji. Again getting better on the defensive side of the ball. Thats where it needs to start. They could look also at OL, but Raji is a big run stopper up the middle, and pair him up with Curry and they could do some damage.
21. Cardinals- Knowshon Moreno. Edge wants out, did Tim Hightower show that he can really be a feature back? I dont think so. Moreno can be especially in an explosive offense like this where theres not much pressure on him. Moreno might go alot higher than this because i think he will be a standout at the combine.
22. Eagles- Micheal Johnson. They love their pass rushers in Philly. Johnson is a great talent that has some injury history, but at this point in the draft his talent stands out and makes him hard to pass up.
24. Patriots- Paul Kruger. They add another end to an already stout line. They really dont need much help anywhere, maybe LB, but at this point in the draft nobody stands out. Kruger could be built into a 3-4 OLB though.
26. Dolphins- Hakeem Nicks. He doesnt run the fastest 40 time, but he can get the job done. They need another WR to help Ginn's progress. You dont know how Camarillo is going to come back from that knee injury. When hes healthy hes another Wes Welker.
28. Colts- Vontae Davis. Davis has top 15 talent and i think people will see that at the combine. The Colts need another DB in case Jackson doesnt come back playing like he used to. Either way they stand to improve against the pass.
29. Eagles- Duke Robinson. They got another pass rusher earlier in the draft now they look to protect McNabb a little better.
30. Titans- Travis Beckum. Hes coming off a broken leg, but if you have seen this kid play you know why i have him going here. Whoever gets this guy is going to be happy. Hes a playmaking TE, who has alot better potential than Chase Coffman. The Titans still dont have people to throw the ball to, Beckum can solve that.
31. Steelers- Sean Smith. That makes 3 players from Utah taken in the 1st round. Hes the perfect Steeler fit, big and physical. 6'3 210. Might be converted to S, but hes a good fit.
32. Giants- Chase Coffman. I know they like Kevin Boss but the reality is that they rarely used him until Plaxico Burress whent down. That means he was doing something wrong. So they bring in a guy with more talent.
Round 2 possibly coming soon.
Posted on: April 23, 2008 12:34 pm
Edited on: April 23, 2008 6:15 pm
1. Dolphins- Jake Long- Its done. No need speculating on this pick.
2. Rams- Glen Dorsey- They have publically said they are not worried about his injuries. That is the one thing that could drop him in this draft. And if the Rams dont care they will take Dorsey. Who for a long stretch was considered the best talent in this draft.
3. Falcons- Chris Long- Matt Ryan is not a clear cut stud right now. He may very well turn into one, but i dont think the Falcons take that chance. Instead they take a clear cut stud in Chris Long and try for a QB later in the draft and pay far less.
4. Raiders- TRADE. Lions swap 1st round picks and a package of later picks. Lions draft Darren McFadden. Tatum Bell is not a top shelf RB. The Lions may need some more help in other areas, but you cant pass up McFadden. This will take some pressure off Kitna and allow the Lions to have a steady running game they havent had since Barry Sanders left.
5. Chiefs- Vernon Gholston- After trading away Jared Allen today, this makes perfect sense. They now need another elite pass rusher. A young quick extremely athletic kid instead of an aging Allen. They could use help on the OL though, but Clady or Williams arent good enough to spend the 5th pick on. A trade is not out of the question earlier.
6. Jets- Matt Ryan- Lets face it, Pennington isnt good, neither is Kellen Clemens. Neither are going to have great careers in the NFL. Ryan is not guarantee but he has a better shot then anybody they have. This isnt a bad team, they have a solid defense and a pretty good ground game, they need the QB and they will have all the pieces.
7. Patriots- Keith Rivers- Im going back to my earlier prediction. While they may need another CB, there are some decent ones that you can get later in the draft and mold them into another Asante Samuel. Rivers has an excellent skill set. He wont start right away but he will get alot of knowledge learning from guys like Bruschi, Vrabel and Seau. This kid will be a stud.
8. Ravens- Ryan Clady- I still believe their most pressing need is OL. The reason the offense did so bad was because that line was terrible last year. The defense still is excellent. They can figure out the QB situation and McGahee is a great RB. Add an anchor to that OL to get that offense back up and running.
9. Bengals- Sedrick Ellis- While he is more of a NT, he can be groomed into a regular DT. He has almost the same skill set as Dorsey just not the big name. He is still an elite talent and the Bengals cannot strike out with this pick. They need any kind of help they can get of defense.
10. Saints- Mike Jenkins- Their most pressing need is secondary help. The CB pool is a big cluster. Guys keep flipping as the top and what their talents really are. Its a gamble. But Jenkins is the one guy that hasnt fallen or risen much on anybodys board. He is probably the safest pick at CB.
11. Bills- Chris Williams- This isnt a bad team. They could use some more help on the OL though. This is a little high for Williams, so they may look to trade down and get more picks.
12. Broncos- Rashard Mendenhall- They have a mass of DEs. We all know what Shanahan can do with RBs. Henry is a little risky. Mendenhall is an elite talent right now .You add him into the Broncos system, great things can happen.
13. Panthers- Derrick Harvey- Their main stay at DE Mike Rucker just retired. They need somebody to fill those shoes. Harvey isnt on the level of a Vernon Gholston yet, but he can get there with a little work. Him and Peppers rushing from the ends in a couple years is a scary thing to think about.
14. Bears- Jeff Otah- The biggest thing we need is a OL. We struck out in FA. I wouldnt be shocked if JA trades this pick either. I would also like to see us bring in Kenny Phillips.
15. Raiders from Lions- Branden Albert- We all assume that Russell is going to be the starting QB this season. It never hurts to give him some extra protection. Albert is listed as a G, but some say he will be better at T. Time will tell. No matter where you stick him he should be solid.
16. Cardinals- Dan Connor- He has risen on the boards these last few weeks. Hes a very good talent and knows how to play his position with the best of them. The cards could also be looking for a RB so a trade is a possibility as well.
17. Chiefs-Sam Baker- Acquiring this pick from Minnesota helps alot. They get the OL they so desperatley need and avoid having to pay Allen a huge sum of money like he just got.
18. Texans- Malcom Kelly- This draft doesnt bring that stud receiver that so many do. But it is deep at that position. It is really a revolving list on who the best are. Malcom Kelly is very good. Matt Schaub did ok last season, as did Rosenfels. Who will be the starter, im not sure. But adding another threat for whoever the QB is doesnt hurt.
19. Eagles- Quentin Groves- A hybrid OLB/DE. The Eagles do need a reciever, but they may be able to steal one in the 2nd or 3rd round. Groves is a good talent that can become elite with a little bit of work and getting in the right system. Hes one of the fastest LBs in this draft. 4.43 40.
20. Buccaneers- Devin Thomas- He had one good season in college and impressed at the combine. Some are skeptical. It may take him a year to really get his feet under him but he will get there. Galloway is still producing but hes up there in age, how long can that last. Clayton hasnt done anything of significance since his rookie year. They need another WR.
21. Redskins- Mario Manningham- This is one thing that hasnt changed in any of my mocks. The Bengals turned down their offer for Chad Johnson. That means they are really looking to land a receiver. Manningham will compliment this team perfectly. He gives you down field speed along with being able to go over the middle and be a posession receiver.
22. Cowboys- Chris Johnson- Hes a bit unkown to most. But he has blazing speed. 4.29 40. All the Dallas fans are screaming that they need another RB opposited MBIII. Well here you go. Hes the perfect compliment to Barber as well. Barber is the smashmouth RB that gets the tough yards. And Johnson is the blazing fast RB that can break a big one at any moment.
23. Steelers- Aqib Talib- The Steelers are always looking for help at CB. They have some solid guys that can play. Add in Talib who is a top talent at corner this defense only gets better.
24. Titans- Limas Sweed- Bring back the old Texas connection. You know if Sweed is still out there VY will push for this. And you have to try and please your franchise player. Sweed is also very talented. Hes coming off knee surgery so it may take him some time to adjust but he will get there. This is the main thing that the Titans need in this draft is a top shelf WR.
25. Seahawks- Jonathan Stewart- Yes i know they just got Duckett and Jones. But what do those guys bring? They just let go of Alexander, so that gives them some money to play with. Stewart has better promise than Jones does at this point. He can be a stud RB and Holmgren can get him there even if he is only around for one more year.
26. Jaguars- Phillip Merling- They still need a solid WR, but that can come later. Merling fell a little bit. He is a very good DE and the Jags are getting a steal landing him at 26.
27. Chargers- Leodis McKelvin- Needing some more help in the secondary, they take McKelvin. They lost a few guys to FA this year and with this league turning pass happy, an abundance of good DBs is a must. McKelvin also brings a great return game to the table.
28. Cowboys- Calais Campbell- They could use another guy that can rush from the outside. Calais Campbell is a question mark at this point. We all know he has the talent but can he get it going in the NFL. Only time will tell. But he will get a good chance playing in Dallas.
29. 49ers- Kenny Phillps- They need help all over. Starting in the secondary isnt a bad start. I still really like Phillips and i think he is going to be a stud. The 9ers are committing grand larceny by landing Phillips this late.
30. Packers- Fred Davis- Lets try this again. I was tarred and feathered when i said they would take Davis in my original mock. Lets see what happens this time. This pick makes sense especially with Favre leaving. Rodgers is going to need all the help he can get. Addind a good pass catching TE can work wonders for a young QB just getting his 1st start.
31. Giants- Dominique Rodgers Cromartie- They dont need more help on the defense, but it wont hurt. I really dont think their CBs are anything to cheer about. Adding Cromartie will pay dividends. Hes also a solid return guy.