Posted on: February 19, 2010 7:28 pm
Edited on: April 21, 2010 5:22 pm
I am in no way an expert but I'm a big football fan (Bears fan, ughhh) and i do this for fun.
1. Rams- Sam Bradford- This is the likely pick now, unless they trade down. I dont agree, but it is the Rams.
2. Lions- Ndamukong Suh- Best prospect in the draft. Jim Schwartz has to be salivating that he falls to #2. You know how he loves his big DTs.
3. Buccaneers- Eric Berry- He has solidfied himself as the #1 safety. Buccanneers need help on D.
4. Redskins- Russell Okung- They need to give McNabb some protection. Okung is the best OL in the draft.
5. Chiefs- Trent Williams- I dont see them taking McCoy because they still haven't given up on Dorsey. They need to protect Cassel better though. Williams is a great talent.
6. Seahawks- Gerald McCoy- He probably doesnt fall to 6, but if he does Seattle will pounce. They need some help up front and some will argue that McCoy is the 2nd best player in the draft.
7. Browns- Rolando McClain- I don't think they draft QB this year. Unless they trade up and take Bradford, or go after somebody in the 2nd round. Holmgren is smart. McClain is as close to a sure thing there is.
8. Raiders- Bryan Bulaga- Who knows what this pick will be. Something far out there wont surprise me. But this would be the smart pick. If they wanna give Russell another shot, they gotta protect him.
9. Bills- Jimmy Clausen- Trent Edwards has not proven himself. This may not be a bad team if they had a QB. I think Clausen will be the better QB between him and Bradford.
10. Jaguars- Derrick Morgan- I know they drafted Harvey and Groves 2 years ago, but neither of them has had a productive season at all. They have to be able to put pressure on the QB or they will never win.
11. Broncos- Dez Bryant- With Marshall gone they need a #1. Eddie Royal is a good posession WR, but hes not going to stretch the field on anybody. Bryant is a little bit of a risk. But they have so many picks they can take a gamble on him.
12. Dolphins- Joe Haden- They filled the WR need, now they could get some help in the secondary. Haden is easily the best CB prospect in the draft and seems like a pretty good bet for the NFL.
13. 49ers- Anthony Davis- He has moved up the boards quite a bit. Theyre giving Alex Smith another shot and rightfully so, he did pretty solid last year. Get him some more protection and see if he can repeat the production.
14. Seahawks- C.J Spiller- Yell, scream, do whatever you want. They improved the defense with their first pick. Justin Forsett is really good but not a 30 carry back. Spiller can be Chris Johnson hes that good.
15. Giants- Dan Williams- They need a LB but with McClain gone, not this high. They probably trade down. But they need some interior DL help. The guys they got arent taking pressure off Tuck and Umenyiora, thats why you saw production fall off last yet. Williams is a more 3-4 type, but he can play regardless.
16. Titans- Jason Pierre Paul- Kyle Vandenbosch really is not a factor anymore. The defense wasnt able to put pressure on the QB like they were the year before. Paul is a fast riser on the board and rightfully so. Hes very talented.
17. 49ers- Brandon Graham- Balmer has been a huge bust. Justin Smith is not playing on the level he has in years past. Francois cant stay healthy. They need to rush the passer better. A defensive mind like Singletary knows that. Graham is a very good DE, has a lot of experience playing all 4 years at Michigan as well.
18. Steelers- Golden Tate- With the absence of Santonio Holmes they need another WR. Ward has only a couple years left. And you want to keep Wallace in the slot if possible. Tate can stratch the field, and has really proven himself over the last few weeks.
19. Falcons- Sergio Kindle- They need some more edge rushers. John Abraham was nowhere to be found last year after dominating the season prior. Kindle can stand up or play down. Hes a very talented OLB.
20. Texans- Earl Thomas- With Dunta Robinson gone they need another CB. Earl Thomas played S in college, but hes undersized and has tremendous speed. He Projects as more of a CB. A good one at that.
21. Bengals- Jermaine Gresham- Gresham will be a huge addition to the passing game. Hes not much of a blocker, but hes an amazing receiver. If he can prove the knee is back to 100% look for him to go alot higher than this. The Bengals haven't had a good TE in a long time. Palmer needs some more weapons.
22. Patriots- Mike Iupati- Brady got sacked alot last year. This OL hasnt looked the same since they got dismantled by the Giants in the SB. They need some fresh blood on the line.
23. Packers- Sean Witherspoon- With Kampman gone, they need to fill a hole at OLB. Witherspoon may be the best player on the board at this point. They need to improve the OL too, but they can get a guy like Bruce Campbell in the 2nd round.
24. Eagles- Kyle Wilson- The secondary was sketchy as it was last year. Now you take away Lito Sheppard and its that much worse. Wilson may be a bit of a project, but he has all the tools to be a very good CB.
25. Ravens- Taylor Mays- They have never really had anybody opposite Reed. And with Reed contemplating retirement, they need to get somebody new. Mays has huge talent. Some coverage questions. I think hes a stud. Even if they want to turn him into a LB he can succeed anyway.
26. Cardinals-Jerry Hughes- They need some LB help. Hughes is a 3-4 guy so he fits right in. Extremely athletic just needs to be coached up a bit.
27. Cowboys- Bruce Campbell- Hes extremely athletic. The defense really doesnt have many awful needs, the OL can improve. Campbell will probably need to be worked with a little. But if he plays like he can he will be a staple on this OL.
28. Chargers- Ryan Matthews- He can be an every down back. Thats what they need. Sproles is not, and neither is a guy like Best. Matthews runs hard, and has durability. Great compliment for Sproles.
29. Jets- Patrick Robinson- Darelle Revis is the best CB in the game. But he really doesnt have much of a counter part on this team. Robinson has all the skills, and maybe with some teaching from Revis he can become a solid CB.
30. Vikings-Sean Lee - When E.J. Henderson went down, they thought Jasper Brinkley could fill his spot. He didnt do it very well, and that hurt them in the playoffs. Lee is a typical Penn St. style LB, he should be a solid pro.
31. Colts- Maurkice Pouncey- A very good C prospect. As the first comment states, Jeff Saturday is almost done. The line is always banged up. They could use a huge talent like Pouncey. Still think they need some DL help, but theres still a few good guys left in round 2.
32. Saints- Terrance Cody- The Colts were running the ball pretty well against them to start. And then they just stopped. The defense is very much under rated. You put a big run stopper like Cody aside Sedrick Ellis, and thats scary. Not many teams will be able to run anymore. Cody doesnt have the stanima to ever really be a superstar, but his impact will be felt.
Posted on: December 7, 2009 4:55 pm
I know its early, but the college season is almost over and in light of some big names declaring i figured i would put my 1st one out. I will include some players I think will be coming out early but have not declared.
Order will be in where the teams are at right now.
1. Cleveland- Ndamukong Suh- I dont think they go QB, Quinn has looked decent since taking the job back, and has had 2 really good games against the Lions and Chargers. Suh really vaulted himself into everybody's living rooms with his play in the Big 12 Championship. Hes not a huge guy like Dorsey and Raji, and has alot more talent than both of those, so the bust factor is a lot lower.
2. Tampa Bay- Taylor Mays- No QB again obviously Freeman has looked ok, besides yesterdays 5 INT game, but rookies are gonna make mistakes. Mays deserves to go here, he's a very big (6'3) S, that reportedly runs a sub 4.4 40 time. Talent like that doesnt come around too often. And with an ex Defensive Backs coach Raheem Morris at the helm, this has to be the pick.
3. St. Louis- Jake Locker- He may not end up being the best QB from this class but he will be good. Spending this year under Sarkisian learning a pro-stlye offense really helped him. Hes got a great arm, and with some talent around him can be a Pro Bowl caliber player.
4. Detroit- Russell Okung- It figures to be him or Williams as the first OL off the board. 1A and 1B in my mind. Stafford has proved he can make the throws, now they just need to find another lineman to give him some more time back there. I see Schwartz building on defense in the later rounds.
5. Washington- Jimmy Claussen- While i dont think this would be the smart pick, i think it is the Dan Snyder pick. Claussen is the flashy egotistical QB in this class. That just has Dan Snyder written all over it. I think they are done with Campbell. We've seen this time and again with him, he shows promise toward the end of each year but never puts it all together. This pick is the worst thing they can do, they should address OL needs, but i dont think they will.
6. Kansas City- Trent Williams- Well so far the Matt Cassel era has been awful. KC's defense isnt terrible they can play. But they need some OL help. Remember when their OL was one of the best in the game? All those guys got old and they didnt do anything to replace them. Start now.
7. Oakland- Eric Berry- I dont think Al Davis is ready to give up on his man crush just yet. He will fire Cable and find a coach that will coddle to his every need. Eric Berry is an extremely talented player. And is the right pick, hopefully it wont be wasted in the black hole of a franchise called the Raiders.
8. Buffalo- Sam Bradford- 3 QBs in 8 picks? Probably wont happen, but everybody is high on these guys, and alot of these teams really need QBs. That is this teams only glaring need besides maybe DL and OL. The defense has played well, and Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch have been serviceable. I dont think Bradford will do anything of significance in the NFL but this very well could be the pick.
9. San Francisco (From Carolina)- Sergio Kindle- Hes not high on people's boards right now, but come combine time, he will establish himself as the #1 DE prospect. He's extremely athletic, and fast. San Fran really has no pass rush, Singletary is a defensive coach, the pick makes sense.
10. Denver (From Chicago)- Joe Haden- Gerald McCoy is still there, but i dont think he would fit the 3-4 scheme. Hes not a big DT, hes more of a finesse player. He wont work in the 3-4. So McDaniels goes and grabs an elite CB to play along side Bailey. Haden will be a Pro Bowl CB in the future.
11. Seattle- Gerald McCoy- Maybe they have other needs, but at this point McCoy is way too much of an elite DT to pass up. He will fit right in. Imagine a Tommie Harris caliber player, hopefully without the injuries. McCoy will stand out as a rookie, and give the Seahawks a pass rush they just dont have right now.
12. New York Jets- Terrence Cody- You have to assume that Kris Jenkins is pretty much done. 2 devastating knee injuries in the last 4 seasons, at his age how much longer can he go. So enter another huge body in Mt. Cody. He will have the Jenkins like impact. Hes just a huge force in the middle.
13. San Francisco- Bryan Bulaga- After Williams and Okung the talent level at this position drops some. This isnt an elite OL class. But Bulaga will be solid, maybe not an All-Pro player, but good enough. They need some OL help.
14. Houston- C.J. Spiller- I dont think he will last this long. So look for them to trade up, but no team above them has a glaring need for RB. I think Slaton as good as he was last year is not an every down back. Maybe Spiller isnt either, but I think he can be. He will add an element to their return game as well that they really dont have.
15. Tennessee- Dez Bryant- Way too low for him right? Well look at most of the other teams, they really dont need a WR. Kenny Britt has been very good lately, but you cant have Nate Washington as your 2nd WR. He had a nice dropped TD pass yesterday. Bryant has imense talent, with VY finally coming around in the passing game, they will get him new weapons.
16. Miami- Brandon Spikes- Another guy that will probably go higer, but again sometimes its about what a team needs. Crowder in my opinion hasnt established himself as an elite MLB, therefore he can move outside, and make way for Spikes. Hes got all the tools, and will enter a good atmosphere in Miami. He should flourish.
17. Jacksonville- Tim Tebow- I know i will catch flack for this and i agree he will be nothing as a QB in the NFL. But the Jags need to sell tickets, their owner already said he will draft Tebow, im pretty sure he has the final say? The pick doesnt make sense on the football field, becasue he shouldnt see any snaps at all, but hey maybe he proves everybody wrong.
18. Falcons- Jermaine Gresham- At this point in the draft there are no OL i would take over Gresham. I think TG only has maybe 2 years left. Gresham has huge talent. Give him a year or 2 splititng time with Gonzalez to teach him some things, and he will be a stud.
19. Steelers- Greg Hardy- Is it just me or do their DE's not really do much. I know you have Woodley and Harrison on the edge rushing, but still your DEs should have an impact. Hardy is very good, and this is a little late for him, and he could flourish in the Steel City.
20. Baltimore- Arrellious Benn- I know i probably spelled his first name wrong, but does it matter? Mason contemplated retirement, might do it again. Benn has huge upside, if you haven't seen him play, I live in Illinois, this kid's the real deal. Why 20? Well theres not many teams that are really looking for a WR at the top of the draft, but he will be a starter right away and give Flacco a deep threat.
21. Giants- Dan Williams- Playing that year in Kiffin's defense will boost his stock. The Giants need to rush the passer better. Never though i would say that so soon after 07-08 season. Their DTs just arent getting the job done, insert some new blood.
22. Packers- Brandon Graham- The Aaron Kampman move to OLB did not work, and now hes down with an ACL. Maybe they keep him there or set him back down, Graham can stand up no problem. Hes an elite pass rusher, and should fit well in Capers' system.
23. Eagles- Jerry Hughes- Their most obvious need is LB. They have had a revolving door there all season with all the injuries. Hughes comes from a good LB school TCU and has the skill set to be a solid LB in the NFL.
24. Seattle (From Denver)- Colt McCoy- Maybe he slips to the 2nd round, a big need they have here is WR, but there are still alot of solid ones out there. McCoy is the most polished QB in this class. He may never be a HOF but hes a small risk, he will put up good numbers. Hasselbeck can't stay on the field, and is aging. They can't hand over the reigns to Seneca Wallace can they?
25. New England- Sean Witherspoon- It's clear they need help on defense, they cant really stop anybody. Witherspoon may be a bit undersized, but it doesnt matter he makes up for it with his skills and knowledge at the position, perfect fit for the Pats.
26. Arizona- Charles Brown- They are solid everywhere, with no elite CBs on the board, they improve the OL, and give Warner some more protection if he decides to come back. Or get more protection for Leinart, because as we've seen hes going to need it.
27. Dallas- Brandon Lafell- Ok im sorry im still not sold on Miles Austin, and if him and Williams have a bad game the Cowboys suffer. Lafell has real #1 WR talent, and should be alot more consistent than anybody they have. Hes a big target too at 6'3.
28. Cincinnati- Ralondo McClain- Maybe a little low for him, hes a huge talent that Cincy cant pass up. Maulaluga has been solid, but the other LBs are iffy, im not saying their bad, but drafting McClain ensures that the defense's production shouldn't slip next year.
29. San Diego- George Selvie- His stock will rise come time for the combine, hes a freak athletically. San Diego is another suprise team that hasnt been able to rush the passer with consistency this year. Put some more talent on the line like Selvie next year and that will change.
30. Minnesota- Trevard Lindley- Antoine Winfield has been hurt all year, and they really are not too deep at the position. Lindley has talent, he just needs to learn the game a little more.
31. New Orleans- Sean Lee- Another Penn St. LB. Cant really go too wrong there. The defense has been getting shredded lately, but that may have something to do with Jabari Greer missing the last few games.
32. Indianapolis- Earl Thomas- He should go alot higher than this and probably will come the draft. But boy would the Colts love to see him fall. Hes got huge talent, and hopefully will stay on the field unlike their All-Pro S Bob Sanders.
There are problems with this right now i know, but again this is just a prelim. Just kind of trying to feel out the field. Might possibly do a round 2 later.
Posted on: April 23, 2008 12:34 pm
Edited on: April 23, 2008 6:15 pm
1. Dolphins- Jake Long- Its done. No need speculating on this pick.
2. Rams- Glen Dorsey- They have publically said they are not worried about his injuries. That is the one thing that could drop him in this draft. And if the Rams dont care they will take Dorsey. Who for a long stretch was considered the best talent in this draft.
3. Falcons- Chris Long- Matt Ryan is not a clear cut stud right now. He may very well turn into one, but i dont think the Falcons take that chance. Instead they take a clear cut stud in Chris Long and try for a QB later in the draft and pay far less.
4. Raiders- TRADE. Lions swap 1st round picks and a package of later picks. Lions draft Darren McFadden. Tatum Bell is not a top shelf RB. The Lions may need some more help in other areas, but you cant pass up McFadden. This will take some pressure off Kitna and allow the Lions to have a steady running game they havent had since Barry Sanders left.
5. Chiefs- Vernon Gholston- After trading away Jared Allen today, this makes perfect sense. They now need another elite pass rusher. A young quick extremely athletic kid instead of an aging Allen. They could use help on the OL though, but Clady or Williams arent good enough to spend the 5th pick on. A trade is not out of the question earlier.
6. Jets- Matt Ryan- Lets face it, Pennington isnt good, neither is Kellen Clemens. Neither are going to have great careers in the NFL. Ryan is not guarantee but he has a better shot then anybody they have. This isnt a bad team, they have a solid defense and a pretty good ground game, they need the QB and they will have all the pieces.
7. Patriots- Keith Rivers- Im going back to my earlier prediction. While they may need another CB, there are some decent ones that you can get later in the draft and mold them into another Asante Samuel. Rivers has an excellent skill set. He wont start right away but he will get alot of knowledge learning from guys like Bruschi, Vrabel and Seau. This kid will be a stud.
8. Ravens- Ryan Clady- I still believe their most pressing need is OL. The reason the offense did so bad was because that line was terrible last year. The defense still is excellent. They can figure out the QB situation and McGahee is a great RB. Add an anchor to that OL to get that offense back up and running.
9. Bengals- Sedrick Ellis- While he is more of a NT, he can be groomed into a regular DT. He has almost the same skill set as Dorsey just not the big name. He is still an elite talent and the Bengals cannot strike out with this pick. They need any kind of help they can get of defense.
10. Saints- Mike Jenkins- Their most pressing need is secondary help. The CB pool is a big cluster. Guys keep flipping as the top and what their talents really are. Its a gamble. But Jenkins is the one guy that hasnt fallen or risen much on anybodys board. He is probably the safest pick at CB.
11. Bills- Chris Williams- This isnt a bad team. They could use some more help on the OL though. This is a little high for Williams, so they may look to trade down and get more picks.
12. Broncos- Rashard Mendenhall- They have a mass of DEs. We all know what Shanahan can do with RBs. Henry is a little risky. Mendenhall is an elite talent right now .You add him into the Broncos system, great things can happen.
13. Panthers- Derrick Harvey- Their main stay at DE Mike Rucker just retired. They need somebody to fill those shoes. Harvey isnt on the level of a Vernon Gholston yet, but he can get there with a little work. Him and Peppers rushing from the ends in a couple years is a scary thing to think about.
14. Bears- Jeff Otah- The biggest thing we need is a OL. We struck out in FA. I wouldnt be shocked if JA trades this pick either. I would also like to see us bring in Kenny Phillips.
15. Raiders from Lions- Branden Albert- We all assume that Russell is going to be the starting QB this season. It never hurts to give him some extra protection. Albert is listed as a G, but some say he will be better at T. Time will tell. No matter where you stick him he should be solid.
16. Cardinals- Dan Connor- He has risen on the boards these last few weeks. Hes a very good talent and knows how to play his position with the best of them. The cards could also be looking for a RB so a trade is a possibility as well.
17. Chiefs-Sam Baker- Acquiring this pick from Minnesota helps alot. They get the OL they so desperatley need and avoid having to pay Allen a huge sum of money like he just got.
18. Texans- Malcom Kelly- This draft doesnt bring that stud receiver that so many do. But it is deep at that position. It is really a revolving list on who the best are. Malcom Kelly is very good. Matt Schaub did ok last season, as did Rosenfels. Who will be the starter, im not sure. But adding another threat for whoever the QB is doesnt hurt.
19. Eagles- Quentin Groves- A hybrid OLB/DE. The Eagles do need a reciever, but they may be able to steal one in the 2nd or 3rd round. Groves is a good talent that can become elite with a little bit of work and getting in the right system. Hes one of the fastest LBs in this draft. 4.43 40.
20. Buccaneers- Devin Thomas- He had one good season in college and impressed at the combine. Some are skeptical. It may take him a year to really get his feet under him but he will get there. Galloway is still producing but hes up there in age, how long can that last. Clayton hasnt done anything of significance since his rookie year. They need another WR.
21. Redskins- Mario Manningham- This is one thing that hasnt changed in any of my mocks. The Bengals turned down their offer for Chad Johnson. That means they are really looking to land a receiver. Manningham will compliment this team perfectly. He gives you down field speed along with being able to go over the middle and be a posession receiver.
22. Cowboys- Chris Johnson- Hes a bit unkown to most. But he has blazing speed. 4.29 40. All the Dallas fans are screaming that they need another RB opposited MBIII. Well here you go. Hes the perfect compliment to Barber as well. Barber is the smashmouth RB that gets the tough yards. And Johnson is the blazing fast RB that can break a big one at any moment.
23. Steelers- Aqib Talib- The Steelers are always looking for help at CB. They have some solid guys that can play. Add in Talib who is a top talent at corner this defense only gets better.
24. Titans- Limas Sweed- Bring back the old Texas connection. You know if Sweed is still out there VY will push for this. And you have to try and please your franchise player. Sweed is also very talented. Hes coming off knee surgery so it may take him some time to adjust but he will get there. This is the main thing that the Titans need in this draft is a top shelf WR.
25. Seahawks- Jonathan Stewart- Yes i know they just got Duckett and Jones. But what do those guys bring? They just let go of Alexander, so that gives them some money to play with. Stewart has better promise than Jones does at this point. He can be a stud RB and Holmgren can get him there even if he is only around for one more year.
26. Jaguars- Phillip Merling- They still need a solid WR, but that can come later. Merling fell a little bit. He is a very good DE and the Jags are getting a steal landing him at 26.
27. Chargers- Leodis McKelvin- Needing some more help in the secondary, they take McKelvin. They lost a few guys to FA this year and with this league turning pass happy, an abundance of good DBs is a must. McKelvin also brings a great return game to the table.
28. Cowboys- Calais Campbell- They could use another guy that can rush from the outside. Calais Campbell is a question mark at this point. We all know he has the talent but can he get it going in the NFL. Only time will tell. But he will get a good chance playing in Dallas.
29. 49ers- Kenny Phillps- They need help all over. Starting in the secondary isnt a bad start. I still really like Phillips and i think he is going to be a stud. The 9ers are committing grand larceny by landing Phillips this late.
30. Packers- Fred Davis- Lets try this again. I was tarred and feathered when i said they would take Davis in my original mock. Lets see what happens this time. This pick makes sense especially with Favre leaving. Rodgers is going to need all the help he can get. Addind a good pass catching TE can work wonders for a young QB just getting his 1st start.
31. Giants- Dominique Rodgers Cromartie- They dont need more help on the defense, but it wont hurt. I really dont think their CBs are anything to cheer about. Adding Cromartie will pay dividends. Hes also a solid return guy.