Posted on: February 24, 2011 8:01 pm
I'm not an expert i just enjoy doing this for fun so relax.
1. Panthers- Patrick Peterson- I know the consensus is probably DL or QB, but I believe Peterson is the best talent in this draft. He's a lockdown corner with great size and will also be a big part of the return game. I dont think you can pass up on a player of this caliber. Bowers and Fairley are good, but they both have some question marks. Peterson is the sure thing.
2. Broncos- Nick Fairley- I think they have more of a need for an interior lineman than a DE. Dumervil might end up moving to DE because he is more of a pass rusher than a LB in the 4-3 scheme. Fairley has some question marks considering he only had one good season at Auburn and was mediocre before that, but hes got a lot of talent and should have a pretty good coaching staff to help him in Denver.
3. Bills- Ryan Mallett- I'll probably get crucified for this, but I believe he is the best QB in the draft. Will the Bills take him at # 3? Probably not. I expect them to trade down from this pick to the middle of the round and get an extra couple picks in the process. They need a QB, and I dont think they see any QB worth drafting at #3.
4. Bengals- A.J Green- They need a WR, Green is going to be very good. Probably the 2nd best overall player in this draft in my opinion.
5. Cardinals- Blaine Gabbert- Do they need LB help? Yeah. But QB is the more glaring weakness. They should probably try and keep Larry Fitz happy and give him somebody that can get the ball to him. Gabbert has a big arm, he may be there a few picks later so they may trade down a few spots and get a little more in return. This is a QB league, they are never going to win with Max Hall and Josh Skelton, they need a QB who can get the job done.
6. Browns- Marcell Dareus- Dareus will probably end up being a 3-4 DE, which is what the Browns need in the worst way. He's a solid pass rusher and plays the run well. You know he was tought well at Alabama, the Browns got a total of 1.5 sacks from DE's on their current depth chart last year. That has to change.
7. 49ers- Da'Quan Bowers- Great pass rusher, can't question the talent. But like with all talented DEs, can he put it all together and the NFL level, hes more of a 4-3 pass rusher, but the 49ers cant pass up on him at #7. Look for some team to trade up and snag him a little earlier than this.
8. Titans- Von Miller- Vince Young hasn't been released yet. Munchak didnt necessarily say he was desperate for a QB in his interview today, and after making a mistake on one headcase QB, i dont see them going after Cam Newton this early. If they really want him they may trade down. Von Miller is really good, and can step in and fill a pretty big hole at LOLB.
9. Cowboys- Prince Amukamara- Everytime i watched a Dallas game Mike Jenkins was either getting burned or committing a huge PI penalty. Maybe he's just a nickel back? Terrance Newman is getting up in age, Prince is a great talent and would have been a top 10 pick last year. One of the few guys whose stock has not changed much at all. You know what your going to get out of him, solid CB play.
10. Redskins- Jake Locker- Im sure Snyder would rather have Newton because hes well stupid, but Shanahan will talk him into drafting Locker. Hes perfect for Shanahan, mobile, huge arm. Cutler was playing very well before Shanahan got fired in Denver, Mike will work on Locker's footwork and improve his accuracy, thats the only thing thats missing from his game right now. He will be going into a pretty good situation to start off as a rookie.
11. Texans- Robert Quinn- Mike Anderson played well opposite Williams at the end of the year. But the Bears proved he's not a starting DE. Quinn is a freak athletically. Undeniable talent, but character questions arise with him seeing as how he was suspended all last season so thats why you see him out of the top 10, just barely.
12. Vikings- Nate Solder- Their main problem last year was they couldn't protect Favre. I dont think it was a matter of him losing his game he just never had enough time to throw. No matter how good your QB is if you cant protect him, your not going to win. The line was awful last year, Solder should be able to step in right away and help out.
13. Lions- Tyron Smith- They made big progress last year. But they lost their QB due to injury from him getting sacked. Smith is probably going to have an outstanding combine, he is right up there with Solder as far as talent. It may take him some time to get accustomed to the NFL game but he will be good.
14. Rams- Julio Jones- Their leading receiver had 689 yards, Amendola is a good slot receiver not a #1. Jones is very physical and can make some great catches. He drops some easy ones though but that can be worked on. They got their franchise QB now they need to give him a weapon to throw the ball to, otherwise they will never take the next step to be a better team.
15. Dolphins- Mark Ingram- i think hes a little underated coming out. Hes a solid RB, he doesnt do one thing great, but does pretty much everything good. He will bring in some consistency. Ronnie Brown and Williams are probably walking, so i dont think they will want to be left with just Patrick Cobbs on the depth chart.
16. Jaguars- Akeem Ayers- Hes got all the talent in the world. He just needs to stay on the field. The Jaguars need a LB bad, Ayers can be really good if he can stay healthy.
17. Patriots- Adrian Clayborn- Hes talented enough to be a top 10 pick but hes got character issues. No place to correct those like NE. He will be a solid 3-4 DE, the Pats werent really able to get to the passer last year they need some help there.
18. Chargers- Cameron Heyward- Big DE, can easily play good in the 3-4. If needed they might be able to stand him up to play OLB as well, but he will be best on the line. Castillo cant stay healthy lately and that defensive front couldnt get to anybody last year. They need to get that back.
19. Giants- Gabe Carimi- They had a bunch of injuries on the line last year which really hurt Eli. Carimi is the next in line of big talented Wisconsin OL, he will be solid. The defense came back last year, now they need to protect Eli if they want to get back to where they were.
20. Buccaneers- JJ Watt- They need to keep up the good drafting if they want to build on last season. Watt is a solid player and will help them rush the passer which is one area that they were soft on last season.
21. Chiefs- Derek Sherrod- They played well on defense last year, and the offense picked it up for the stretch run. Cassell turned things around, give him some more guys to protect him and he will be even better.
22. Colts- Justin Houston- They're thin at LB, they got some decent players but nobody that has really stepped up. Houston can be that guy, the defense needs some help all over if they want to go back to dominating the NFC South that seems to keep getting better.
23. Eagles- Aldon Smith- The offense is fine, it doesnt need to be touched. They could use another OL but at this point none are worth taking here. Smith is rising up draft boards, and should have a good combine. Hes got good size (6'4). The Eagles need help at LB and all over the defense for that matter. Smith is the best defensive player left on the board here.
24. Saints- Mikel Leshoure- Bush is probably gone, Thomas may be also, regardless of how much they pass i wouldnt feel good about going into the season with Julius Jones and Chris Ivory as my RB. Leshoure has talent and may be a solid NFL back.
25. Seahawks- Anthony Costanzo- They need to protect the QB better no matter who it is. The defense played pretty well last year. They need to get the offense going, and it starts on the OL, they can look for a QB in the later rounds.
26. Ravens- Brandon Harris- Their secondary got torched last season. Ed Reed was the only highlight and when he didnt play well in the playoffs they lost. Harris has loads of speed and might have to start as a nickelback, but with some work he can become a solid corner.
27. Falcons- Ryan Kerrigan- They could rush the passer a little better than they did last year. Abraham regressed and you have to wonder how long he has left. Kerrigan is very underated, he needs a little work but he should be able to come in and play right away and play pretty solid.
28. Patriots- Mike Pouncey- Their line is getting old, if Mike can play anything like his brother the Pats will be thrilled. Hes probably not a C, he had a lot of snap issues with the shotgun at Florida last year, but he can block very well though.
29. Bears- Torrey Smith- The line played better at the end of the year, it still is awful, but Smith is a cant pass up player at this point. He probably wont be here this is just wishful thinking. Hes fast, big and strong. And has a good head on his shoulders, he may be better than Juilo Jones come draft day. Bears need a #1 WR, we will never make the next step with a bunch of #3 WRs on our team. Cutler needs a go to guy.
30. Jets- Jon Baldwin- They may lose Edwards and Holmes, if so they really need a WR. Baldwin started the year rated just as high as AJ Green, but had a rough season, so did Pitt. Hes got loads of talent and going to a good team like NYJ will help him in his progression. Hes gonna need some teaching.
31. Steelers- Demarcus Love- Roethlisberger is always one of the highest hit QBs in the league. They need to start getting some new faces on the line. It started with Pouncey, now they move to the outside and get some more pass protection.
32. Packers- Martez Wilson- He was a blue chipper out of HS and had some injury issues and a change of position. He used to be a DE. Hes got the talent, and the Packers could use some depth at LB, i dont think you can count on Eric Walden and Frank Zombo playing that good again. Wilson will add more depth to an already good defense. Kind of scary.
Posted on: April 23, 2008 12:34 pm
Edited on: April 23, 2008 6:15 pm
1. Dolphins- Jake Long- Its done. No need speculating on this pick.
2. Rams- Glen Dorsey- They have publically said they are not worried about his injuries. That is the one thing that could drop him in this draft. And if the Rams dont care they will take Dorsey. Who for a long stretch was considered the best talent in this draft.
3. Falcons- Chris Long- Matt Ryan is not a clear cut stud right now. He may very well turn into one, but i dont think the Falcons take that chance. Instead they take a clear cut stud in Chris Long and try for a QB later in the draft and pay far less.
4. Raiders- TRADE. Lions swap 1st round picks and a package of later picks. Lions draft Darren McFadden. Tatum Bell is not a top shelf RB. The Lions may need some more help in other areas, but you cant pass up McFadden. This will take some pressure off Kitna and allow the Lions to have a steady running game they havent had since Barry Sanders left.
5. Chiefs- Vernon Gholston- After trading away Jared Allen today, this makes perfect sense. They now need another elite pass rusher. A young quick extremely athletic kid instead of an aging Allen. They could use help on the OL though, but Clady or Williams arent good enough to spend the 5th pick on. A trade is not out of the question earlier.
6. Jets- Matt Ryan- Lets face it, Pennington isnt good, neither is Kellen Clemens. Neither are going to have great careers in the NFL. Ryan is not guarantee but he has a better shot then anybody they have. This isnt a bad team, they have a solid defense and a pretty good ground game, they need the QB and they will have all the pieces.
7. Patriots- Keith Rivers- Im going back to my earlier prediction. While they may need another CB, there are some decent ones that you can get later in the draft and mold them into another Asante Samuel. Rivers has an excellent skill set. He wont start right away but he will get alot of knowledge learning from guys like Bruschi, Vrabel and Seau. This kid will be a stud.
8. Ravens- Ryan Clady- I still believe their most pressing need is OL. The reason the offense did so bad was because that line was terrible last year. The defense still is excellent. They can figure out the QB situation and McGahee is a great RB. Add an anchor to that OL to get that offense back up and running.
9. Bengals- Sedrick Ellis- While he is more of a NT, he can be groomed into a regular DT. He has almost the same skill set as Dorsey just not the big name. He is still an elite talent and the Bengals cannot strike out with this pick. They need any kind of help they can get of defense.
10. Saints- Mike Jenkins- Their most pressing need is secondary help. The CB pool is a big cluster. Guys keep flipping as the top and what their talents really are. Its a gamble. But Jenkins is the one guy that hasnt fallen or risen much on anybodys board. He is probably the safest pick at CB.
11. Bills- Chris Williams- This isnt a bad team. They could use some more help on the OL though. This is a little high for Williams, so they may look to trade down and get more picks.
12. Broncos- Rashard Mendenhall- They have a mass of DEs. We all know what Shanahan can do with RBs. Henry is a little risky. Mendenhall is an elite talent right now .You add him into the Broncos system, great things can happen.
13. Panthers- Derrick Harvey- Their main stay at DE Mike Rucker just retired. They need somebody to fill those shoes. Harvey isnt on the level of a Vernon Gholston yet, but he can get there with a little work. Him and Peppers rushing from the ends in a couple years is a scary thing to think about.
14. Bears- Jeff Otah- The biggest thing we need is a OL. We struck out in FA. I wouldnt be shocked if JA trades this pick either. I would also like to see us bring in Kenny Phillips.
15. Raiders from Lions- Branden Albert- We all assume that Russell is going to be the starting QB this season. It never hurts to give him some extra protection. Albert is listed as a G, but some say he will be better at T. Time will tell. No matter where you stick him he should be solid.
16. Cardinals- Dan Connor- He has risen on the boards these last few weeks. Hes a very good talent and knows how to play his position with the best of them. The cards could also be looking for a RB so a trade is a possibility as well.
17. Chiefs-Sam Baker- Acquiring this pick from Minnesota helps alot. They get the OL they so desperatley need and avoid having to pay Allen a huge sum of money like he just got.
18. Texans- Malcom Kelly- This draft doesnt bring that stud receiver that so many do. But it is deep at that position. It is really a revolving list on who the best are. Malcom Kelly is very good. Matt Schaub did ok last season, as did Rosenfels. Who will be the starter, im not sure. But adding another threat for whoever the QB is doesnt hurt.
19. Eagles- Quentin Groves- A hybrid OLB/DE. The Eagles do need a reciever, but they may be able to steal one in the 2nd or 3rd round. Groves is a good talent that can become elite with a little bit of work and getting in the right system. Hes one of the fastest LBs in this draft. 4.43 40.
20. Buccaneers- Devin Thomas- He had one good season in college and impressed at the combine. Some are skeptical. It may take him a year to really get his feet under him but he will get there. Galloway is still producing but hes up there in age, how long can that last. Clayton hasnt done anything of significance since his rookie year. They need another WR.
21. Redskins- Mario Manningham- This is one thing that hasnt changed in any of my mocks. The Bengals turned down their offer for Chad Johnson. That means they are really looking to land a receiver. Manningham will compliment this team perfectly. He gives you down field speed along with being able to go over the middle and be a posession receiver.
22. Cowboys- Chris Johnson- Hes a bit unkown to most. But he has blazing speed. 4.29 40. All the Dallas fans are screaming that they need another RB opposited MBIII. Well here you go. Hes the perfect compliment to Barber as well. Barber is the smashmouth RB that gets the tough yards. And Johnson is the blazing fast RB that can break a big one at any moment.
23. Steelers- Aqib Talib- The Steelers are always looking for help at CB. They have some solid guys that can play. Add in Talib who is a top talent at corner this defense only gets better.
24. Titans- Limas Sweed- Bring back the old Texas connection. You know if Sweed is still out there VY will push for this. And you have to try and please your franchise player. Sweed is also very talented. Hes coming off knee surgery so it may take him some time to adjust but he will get there. This is the main thing that the Titans need in this draft is a top shelf WR.
25. Seahawks- Jonathan Stewart- Yes i know they just got Duckett and Jones. But what do those guys bring? They just let go of Alexander, so that gives them some money to play with. Stewart has better promise than Jones does at this point. He can be a stud RB and Holmgren can get him there even if he is only around for one more year.
26. Jaguars- Phillip Merling- They still need a solid WR, but that can come later. Merling fell a little bit. He is a very good DE and the Jags are getting a steal landing him at 26.
27. Chargers- Leodis McKelvin- Needing some more help in the secondary, they take McKelvin. They lost a few guys to FA this year and with this league turning pass happy, an abundance of good DBs is a must. McKelvin also brings a great return game to the table.
28. Cowboys- Calais Campbell- They could use another guy that can rush from the outside. Calais Campbell is a question mark at this point. We all know he has the talent but can he get it going in the NFL. Only time will tell. But he will get a good chance playing in Dallas.
29. 49ers- Kenny Phillps- They need help all over. Starting in the secondary isnt a bad start. I still really like Phillips and i think he is going to be a stud. The 9ers are committing grand larceny by landing Phillips this late.
30. Packers- Fred Davis- Lets try this again. I was tarred and feathered when i said they would take Davis in my original mock. Lets see what happens this time. This pick makes sense especially with Favre leaving. Rodgers is going to need all the help he can get. Addind a good pass catching TE can work wonders for a young QB just getting his 1st start.
31. Giants- Dominique Rodgers Cromartie- They dont need more help on the defense, but it wont hurt. I really dont think their CBs are anything to cheer about. Adding Cromartie will pay dividends. Hes also a solid return guy.