1. Dolphins- Sedrick Ellis- I still think Dorsey is a better talent, but injuries are becoming an issue. Ellis is about just as good. They are still going to get a game changing DT just with out the possible risk. Ellis is also a little better working out of the 3-4 wich we assume is what the Dolphins will be using.
2.Rams- Jake Long- As long as the Dolphins dont take him the Rams have to. They also need some help on the DL. But OL was their biggest problem last season. They need to fix that and Jake Long is as much of a sure thing there is in this draft. He will step in right away and make a difference.
3. Falcons- Matt Ryan- Some rumors have Flacco going ahead of Ryan. That is not going to happen. No matter what the Falcons do with this pick they will have to rebuild for a couple seasons. They need to start off with a solid QB thats not going to screw them in the end.
4. Raiders- Chris Long- Its really a toss up at this point between Dorsey and Long. Long and Dorsey are sure things in my mind. Dorsey just has a bit of an injury problem. And plus as we all know Chris' dad was a HOF DE for them. I cant see them passing him up.
5. Chiefs- They trade the pick.Cincinatti trades up and draft McFadden. Call me crazy if you will. I know Cincy needs help more on defense, but they are a contender right now. Rudi Johnson looks like hes slipping. McFadden puts them over the top.
6. Jets- Glen Dorsey- They were hoping that nobody traded up but Cincy did and they cant get McFadden anymore. So they are still drooling over the fact that possibly the best DL in the draft is still there. They cant pass him up. I dont care what their DT position looks like, Dorsey is too good to pass up at 6
7. Patriots- Dominique Rodgers Cromartie- I still think drafting Keith Rivers would be the better move, but they need another CB. Cromartie is flying up draft boards. NE needs to replace Samuel. Cromartie is an emense talent and will blossom in Belichecks system wich seems to produce All-Pro CBs at a scary pace.
8. Ravens- Ryan Clady- The biggest issue was the OL. QB is another issue as well, but they have a few young options they can go with instead of drafting another 1st rounder. Clady is a safe pick and fills a huge need for the Ravens.
9. Chiefs- Chris Williams- They were hoping to get Clady here but Baltimore wasnt letting him fall. So they get Williams instead. Not bad. He will be a solid OL for years to come. They fll a big need. And in the process grab a couple more picks from the Bengals and continue with the rebuilding process.
10. Saints- Leodis McLevin- The biggest concern is the secondary. Leodis McKelvin is still a little unproven, but he had a very good combine, and he adds an electrifying return game to the mix. The Saints cant pass him up.
11. Bills- Vernon Gholston- They are shocked that he fell here. But nobody really needed a DE/LB that bad in the 1st 10 picks. The Bills have a few concerns. They could use help on the OL but nobody sticks out right now. Gholston is a hybrid. He is a phenomenal pass rusher. And will bring a missing piece to the Bills defense.
12. Broncos- Malcom Kelly- They let Walker go. Cutler is still growing he needs some more people to throw to other than Marshall. Kelly is the top WR in this class. He is almost a carbon copy of Marshall, w/o the run blocking skills. But he should help a growing Cutler turn into a Pro Bowl QB.
13. Panthers- Keith Rivers- They let Morgan go because of injury concerns still. Other than him they didnt have many solid LBs. Rivers has proven himself. It may take him awhile to adapt but eventually he will get it. They have some other pressing issues, but at this point you have to take the best player on the board.
14. Bears- Jeff Otah- We need OL. Angelo has done nothing to bring a solid OL in via FA. The line isnt going to get fixed through the draft. He needs to sign somebody. And no matter what OL is here we almost need to take them. Its going to be a sad season.
15. Lions- Phillip Merling- He is flying up draft boards. Hes no Gaines Adams, but hes still very good. The Lions need help all over the defense. I know they just signed Dwayne White last year, but it never hurts to get deep. As long as they dont draft a WR they should be okay.
16. Cardinals- Jonathan Stewart- Edge is not the same runner he was 3 years ago. They need somebody that is going to replace him. Stewart is the 2nd best RB in the draft. They have a little extra money after restructuring Fitz's contract. So it makes sense.
17. Vikings- Brian Brohm- Yes they have some more pressing issues in the secondary, but would you really trust Tavaris Jackson with a playoff potential team? I wouldnt. Brian Brohm is a pure passer and a game manager. He will keep the Vikings in games, as well as not throw costly INTs that take them out of games. Maybe we will see a Derek Anderson type reaction out of Jackson, but i doubt it.
18. Texans- Felix Jones- Despite some saying hes out of the 1st round, on talent alone hes at least the 3rd best RB in this class. Hes got a world of talent. Remember coming out of H.S. he was rated higher than McFadden. Hes got blazing speed and will be a great RB for years to come. The Texans are only missing a steady running game on offense. This team could be sniffing playoffs if Jones produces.
19. Eagles- Devin Thomas- Ive heard things like the Eagles wont take a WR in the 1st round because they never have. Well what they have been doing hasnt been working. So its time for a change. Thomas needs to be coached up a little bit before he taps into his potential in the NFL. Eagles will have to be patient as it may take a month or two for him to get in rythm.
20. Buccaneers- Derrick Harvey- They really dont have many solid DEs anymore. A LB like Connor is also a possibility, but Harvey is a better player. This team will be even better this season.
21. Redskins- Mario Manningham- I stand by my 1st mock draft with this one. They still need another WR opposite Santana Moss. Manningham is going to be much more consistent than anybody else they have. Hes got the size, speed and hands to make him a top WR in a few years.
22. Cowboys- Dan Connor- When playng the 3-4 an abundance of LBs is a must. They have some solid ones. So here they beef up and add another solid one. Connor will be the next Penn St. LB to make it big in the pros. Its amazing how many LBs they produce.
23. Steelers- Aqib Talib- Hes just as talented as Cromartie and McKelvin. He just doesnt have the work ethic that those guys have. That will change when he comes to Pitt. His real talents will be brought out. With all the spread offenses we are seeing, having solid CBs is a must in todays game.
24. Titans- DeSean Jackson- Is there any question they need to draft a WR. VY has nobody to throw to. Yea Crumpler helps, but he hasnt been able to stay healthy so your not sure what you can get out of him. Jackson has blazing speed the things him and VY can do will become scary. He also adds more in the return game then they have.
25. Seahawks- Reshard Mendenhall- I thought they would try and trade up for McFadden, but they want to stick with Alexander for one more season. So they take a cheaper less talented route at getting a new RB. Mendenhall is still very good, just not McFadden good. He will add some relief to Alexander as well.
26. Jaguars- Mike Jenkins- After getting torched by Brady in the playoffs its clear they could use another CB. Mike Jenkins fell a bit because alot of the mid round teams didnt need a CB. But hes still a top 15 talent. And should help out right away in Jacksonville.
27. Chargers- Brendan Albert- Top G in this class. They could use some more protection for Rivers and LT. This team doesnt need much.
28. Cowboys- Limas Sweed- Patrick Crayton is an ok 2nd option. But they need somebody to take the double teams off of Owens. Crayton doesnt do that. Sweed has the size and speed to get it done. He will give Romo more options and hopefully help him avoid another 2nd half slump.
29. 49ers- Calais Campbell- They are hurting all over. Adding a solid pass rusher is a decent start. Getting rid of their 1st round pick was a mistake they clearly could use that pick now.
30. Packers- Sam Baker- With Favre leaving they need to give Aaron Rodgers as much time to throw as possible. Limit his mistakes. He will have a growing period. But adding more OL is a must. Baker is puzzling. Some have him as a high 1st rounder and some have him as a 2nd rounder. Hes somewhere in between to me.
31. Giants- Quentin Groves- They lost a few LBs. They cant pull a Bears and Steelers and not do anything to improve after a SB win or appearence. No matter what you do you need to improve every year other wise you will do what the Steelers and Bears did in their respective SB appearences.