Posted on: February 24, 2011 8:01 pm
I'm not an expert i just enjoy doing this for fun so relax.
1. Panthers- Patrick Peterson- I know the consensus is probably DL or QB, but I believe Peterson is the best talent in this draft. He's a lockdown corner with great size and will also be a big part of the return game. I dont think you can pass up on a player of this caliber. Bowers and Fairley are good, but they both have some question marks. Peterson is the sure thing.
2. Broncos- Nick Fairley- I think they have more of a need for an interior lineman than a DE. Dumervil might end up moving to DE because he is more of a pass rusher than a LB in the 4-3 scheme. Fairley has some question marks considering he only had one good season at Auburn and was mediocre before that, but hes got a lot of talent and should have a pretty good coaching staff to help him in Denver.
3. Bills- Ryan Mallett- I'll probably get crucified for this, but I believe he is the best QB in the draft. Will the Bills take him at # 3? Probably not. I expect them to trade down from this pick to the middle of the round and get an extra couple picks in the process. They need a QB, and I dont think they see any QB worth drafting at #3.
4. Bengals- A.J Green- They need a WR, Green is going to be very good. Probably the 2nd best overall player in this draft in my opinion.
5. Cardinals- Blaine Gabbert- Do they need LB help? Yeah. But QB is the more glaring weakness. They should probably try and keep Larry Fitz happy and give him somebody that can get the ball to him. Gabbert has a big arm, he may be there a few picks later so they may trade down a few spots and get a little more in return. This is a QB league, they are never going to win with Max Hall and Josh Skelton, they need a QB who can get the job done.
6. Browns- Marcell Dareus- Dareus will probably end up being a 3-4 DE, which is what the Browns need in the worst way. He's a solid pass rusher and plays the run well. You know he was tought well at Alabama, the Browns got a total of 1.5 sacks from DE's on their current depth chart last year. That has to change.
7. 49ers- Da'Quan Bowers- Great pass rusher, can't question the talent. But like with all talented DEs, can he put it all together and the NFL level, hes more of a 4-3 pass rusher, but the 49ers cant pass up on him at #7. Look for some team to trade up and snag him a little earlier than this.
8. Titans- Von Miller- Vince Young hasn't been released yet. Munchak didnt necessarily say he was desperate for a QB in his interview today, and after making a mistake on one headcase QB, i dont see them going after Cam Newton this early. If they really want him they may trade down. Von Miller is really good, and can step in and fill a pretty big hole at LOLB.
9. Cowboys- Prince Amukamara- Everytime i watched a Dallas game Mike Jenkins was either getting burned or committing a huge PI penalty. Maybe he's just a nickel back? Terrance Newman is getting up in age, Prince is a great talent and would have been a top 10 pick last year. One of the few guys whose stock has not changed much at all. You know what your going to get out of him, solid CB play.
10. Redskins- Jake Locker- Im sure Snyder would rather have Newton because hes well stupid, but Shanahan will talk him into drafting Locker. Hes perfect for Shanahan, mobile, huge arm. Cutler was playing very well before Shanahan got fired in Denver, Mike will work on Locker's footwork and improve his accuracy, thats the only thing thats missing from his game right now. He will be going into a pretty good situation to start off as a rookie.
11. Texans- Robert Quinn- Mike Anderson played well opposite Williams at the end of the year. But the Bears proved he's not a starting DE. Quinn is a freak athletically. Undeniable talent, but character questions arise with him seeing as how he was suspended all last season so thats why you see him out of the top 10, just barely.
12. Vikings- Nate Solder- Their main problem last year was they couldn't protect Favre. I dont think it was a matter of him losing his game he just never had enough time to throw. No matter how good your QB is if you cant protect him, your not going to win. The line was awful last year, Solder should be able to step in right away and help out.
13. Lions- Tyron Smith- They made big progress last year. But they lost their QB due to injury from him getting sacked. Smith is probably going to have an outstanding combine, he is right up there with Solder as far as talent. It may take him some time to get accustomed to the NFL game but he will be good.
14. Rams- Julio Jones- Their leading receiver had 689 yards, Amendola is a good slot receiver not a #1. Jones is very physical and can make some great catches. He drops some easy ones though but that can be worked on. They got their franchise QB now they need to give him a weapon to throw the ball to, otherwise they will never take the next step to be a better team.
15. Dolphins- Mark Ingram- i think hes a little underated coming out. Hes a solid RB, he doesnt do one thing great, but does pretty much everything good. He will bring in some consistency. Ronnie Brown and Williams are probably walking, so i dont think they will want to be left with just Patrick Cobbs on the depth chart.
16. Jaguars- Akeem Ayers- Hes got all the talent in the world. He just needs to stay on the field. The Jaguars need a LB bad, Ayers can be really good if he can stay healthy.
17. Patriots- Adrian Clayborn- Hes talented enough to be a top 10 pick but hes got character issues. No place to correct those like NE. He will be a solid 3-4 DE, the Pats werent really able to get to the passer last year they need some help there.
18. Chargers- Cameron Heyward- Big DE, can easily play good in the 3-4. If needed they might be able to stand him up to play OLB as well, but he will be best on the line. Castillo cant stay healthy lately and that defensive front couldnt get to anybody last year. They need to get that back.
19. Giants- Gabe Carimi- They had a bunch of injuries on the line last year which really hurt Eli. Carimi is the next in line of big talented Wisconsin OL, he will be solid. The defense came back last year, now they need to protect Eli if they want to get back to where they were.
20. Buccaneers- JJ Watt- They need to keep up the good drafting if they want to build on last season. Watt is a solid player and will help them rush the passer which is one area that they were soft on last season.
21. Chiefs- Derek Sherrod- They played well on defense last year, and the offense picked it up for the stretch run. Cassell turned things around, give him some more guys to protect him and he will be even better.
22. Colts- Justin Houston- They're thin at LB, they got some decent players but nobody that has really stepped up. Houston can be that guy, the defense needs some help all over if they want to go back to dominating the NFC South that seems to keep getting better.
23. Eagles- Aldon Smith- The offense is fine, it doesnt need to be touched. They could use another OL but at this point none are worth taking here. Smith is rising up draft boards, and should have a good combine. Hes got good size (6'4). The Eagles need help at LB and all over the defense for that matter. Smith is the best defensive player left on the board here.
24. Saints- Mikel Leshoure- Bush is probably gone, Thomas may be also, regardless of how much they pass i wouldnt feel good about going into the season with Julius Jones and Chris Ivory as my RB. Leshoure has talent and may be a solid NFL back.
25. Seahawks- Anthony Costanzo- They need to protect the QB better no matter who it is. The defense played pretty well last year. They need to get the offense going, and it starts on the OL, they can look for a QB in the later rounds.
26. Ravens- Brandon Harris- Their secondary got torched last season. Ed Reed was the only highlight and when he didnt play well in the playoffs they lost. Harris has loads of speed and might have to start as a nickelback, but with some work he can become a solid corner.
27. Falcons- Ryan Kerrigan- They could rush the passer a little better than they did last year. Abraham regressed and you have to wonder how long he has left. Kerrigan is very underated, he needs a little work but he should be able to come in and play right away and play pretty solid.
28. Patriots- Mike Pouncey- Their line is getting old, if Mike can play anything like his brother the Pats will be thrilled. Hes probably not a C, he had a lot of snap issues with the shotgun at Florida last year, but he can block very well though.
29. Bears- Torrey Smith- The line played better at the end of the year, it still is awful, but Smith is a cant pass up player at this point. He probably wont be here this is just wishful thinking. Hes fast, big and strong. And has a good head on his shoulders, he may be better than Juilo Jones come draft day. Bears need a #1 WR, we will never make the next step with a bunch of #3 WRs on our team. Cutler needs a go to guy.
30. Jets- Jon Baldwin- They may lose Edwards and Holmes, if so they really need a WR. Baldwin started the year rated just as high as AJ Green, but had a rough season, so did Pitt. Hes got loads of talent and going to a good team like NYJ will help him in his progression. Hes gonna need some teaching.
31. Steelers- Demarcus Love- Roethlisberger is always one of the highest hit QBs in the league. They need to start getting some new faces on the line. It started with Pouncey, now they move to the outside and get some more pass protection.
32. Packers- Martez Wilson- He was a blue chipper out of HS and had some injury issues and a change of position. He used to be a DE. Hes got the talent, and the Packers could use some depth at LB, i dont think you can count on Eric Walden and Frank Zombo playing that good again. Wilson will add more depth to an already good defense. Kind of scary.
Posted on: April 21, 2010 4:08 pm
I dont think LeBron stays. And i think he only has 2 suitors. New Jersey and Chicago.
Look he has to play out of his mind for Cleveland to succeed in the playoffs. Hes gotta get tired of it at some point. While hes got some good pieces around him, Mo Williams is inconsistent, and basically just a shooter, doesnt play good defense. Antwan Jamison is a model of consistancy, but hes never going to take a game over and take some pressure of LeBron. Lebron has to be sick of doing everything himself when it comes late in the game.
LeBron wants to win above all else. And thats why i think the only 2 suitors are New Jersey and Chicago. New York does not have a good enough team to win a championship, even with LeBron on it. David Lee might leave, who does that leave there? Gallinari is good but not a #2 option. I like Bill Walker and Toney Douglas but they are young role players at best. That team does not have championship caliber talent.
I believe New Jersey and Chicago do though, if you add LeBron to those teams.
Here is NJ projected lineup with LeBron.
PG- Devin Harris- good scorer, and better player than Mo Williams by far.
SG- Top 5 draft pick? Possibly John Wall if they land the no. 1 pick. If not Courntey Lee who is a solid basketball players.
SF- LeBron James
PF- Yi Jinlian- No hes not great, but hes a solid #4 player on any team.
C- Brook Lopez- one of the best young big men in the game. 20 and 10 a night. With 2-3 blocks.
BN- Courtney Lee if they land a stud SG
BN- Terrance Williams- showed some very good talent when given the chance to play.
BN- Chris Douglas Roberts- also showed he can be a pretty good swingman.
Their only flaw is they dont have any frontcourt depth, if they can add a solid defensive 4 or 5 thats a team that can win a championship right away.
PG- Derrick Rose- One of the best young players in basketball. Has already showed that he can take over a game at will.
SG- LeBron James- You cant put Luol Deng here.
SF- Luol Deng- solid player. Plays good defense, good jump shot. Consistent 18 and 8 player.
PF- Taj Gibson- Showed he can get it done. If given a full time job your looking at 11 and 8 with maybe 2 blocks a night. Nothing flashy but solid.
C- Joakim Noah- Great on defense. Huge heart and hustle. Could be a rebounding champ in years to come. Developing a nice offensive game.
BN- Kirk Hinrich- solid 6 man. Good shooter a little inconsistent. But always plays good defense.
BN- James Johnson- shows good potential, not sure if it will ever pan out though.
BN- Brad Miller- Scrappy player. You know what you get out of him. He can spread the floor at the 5 and give LeBron more room in the paint.
The Bulls need some more depth at G though. They dont have a good shooter off the bench. They will need to find that in the draft.
Remember LeBron is going to make all these players that much better as well.
I have a hard time believing that this lineup is better than any of the ones above it. And LeBron will be looking at that when he makes his decision.
PG- Mo Williams
SG- Anthony Parker
SF- LeBron James
PF- Antwan Jamison
C- Shaquille O'Neal
BN- JJ Hickson
BN- Anderson Varejao
The only thing i think the Cavs have over the Bulls and Nets is more depth. But depth can be acquired.
I cant see LeBron staying in Cleveland.
Posted on: February 19, 2010 7:28 pm
Edited on: April 21, 2010 5:22 pm
I am in no way an expert but I'm a big football fan (Bears fan, ughhh) and i do this for fun.
1. Rams- Sam Bradford- This is the likely pick now, unless they trade down. I dont agree, but it is the Rams.
2. Lions- Ndamukong Suh- Best prospect in the draft. Jim Schwartz has to be salivating that he falls to #2. You know how he loves his big DTs.
3. Buccaneers- Eric Berry- He has solidfied himself as the #1 safety. Buccanneers need help on D.
4. Redskins- Russell Okung- They need to give McNabb some protection. Okung is the best OL in the draft.
5. Chiefs- Trent Williams- I dont see them taking McCoy because they still haven't given up on Dorsey. They need to protect Cassel better though. Williams is a great talent.
6. Seahawks- Gerald McCoy- He probably doesnt fall to 6, but if he does Seattle will pounce. They need some help up front and some will argue that McCoy is the 2nd best player in the draft.
7. Browns- Rolando McClain- I don't think they draft QB this year. Unless they trade up and take Bradford, or go after somebody in the 2nd round. Holmgren is smart. McClain is as close to a sure thing there is.
8. Raiders- Bryan Bulaga- Who knows what this pick will be. Something far out there wont surprise me. But this would be the smart pick. If they wanna give Russell another shot, they gotta protect him.
9. Bills- Jimmy Clausen- Trent Edwards has not proven himself. This may not be a bad team if they had a QB. I think Clausen will be the better QB between him and Bradford.
10. Jaguars- Derrick Morgan- I know they drafted Harvey and Groves 2 years ago, but neither of them has had a productive season at all. They have to be able to put pressure on the QB or they will never win.
11. Broncos- Dez Bryant- With Marshall gone they need a #1. Eddie Royal is a good posession WR, but hes not going to stretch the field on anybody. Bryant is a little bit of a risk. But they have so many picks they can take a gamble on him.
12. Dolphins- Joe Haden- They filled the WR need, now they could get some help in the secondary. Haden is easily the best CB prospect in the draft and seems like a pretty good bet for the NFL.
13. 49ers- Anthony Davis- He has moved up the boards quite a bit. Theyre giving Alex Smith another shot and rightfully so, he did pretty solid last year. Get him some more protection and see if he can repeat the production.
14. Seahawks- C.J Spiller- Yell, scream, do whatever you want. They improved the defense with their first pick. Justin Forsett is really good but not a 30 carry back. Spiller can be Chris Johnson hes that good.
15. Giants- Dan Williams- They need a LB but with McClain gone, not this high. They probably trade down. But they need some interior DL help. The guys they got arent taking pressure off Tuck and Umenyiora, thats why you saw production fall off last yet. Williams is a more 3-4 type, but he can play regardless.
16. Titans- Jason Pierre Paul- Kyle Vandenbosch really is not a factor anymore. The defense wasnt able to put pressure on the QB like they were the year before. Paul is a fast riser on the board and rightfully so. Hes very talented.
17. 49ers- Brandon Graham- Balmer has been a huge bust. Justin Smith is not playing on the level he has in years past. Francois cant stay healthy. They need to rush the passer better. A defensive mind like Singletary knows that. Graham is a very good DE, has a lot of experience playing all 4 years at Michigan as well.
18. Steelers- Golden Tate- With the absence of Santonio Holmes they need another WR. Ward has only a couple years left. And you want to keep Wallace in the slot if possible. Tate can stratch the field, and has really proven himself over the last few weeks.
19. Falcons- Sergio Kindle- They need some more edge rushers. John Abraham was nowhere to be found last year after dominating the season prior. Kindle can stand up or play down. Hes a very talented OLB.
20. Texans- Earl Thomas- With Dunta Robinson gone they need another CB. Earl Thomas played S in college, but hes undersized and has tremendous speed. He Projects as more of a CB. A good one at that.
21. Bengals- Jermaine Gresham- Gresham will be a huge addition to the passing game. Hes not much of a blocker, but hes an amazing receiver. If he can prove the knee is back to 100% look for him to go alot higher than this. The Bengals haven't had a good TE in a long time. Palmer needs some more weapons.
22. Patriots- Mike Iupati- Brady got sacked alot last year. This OL hasnt looked the same since they got dismantled by the Giants in the SB. They need some fresh blood on the line.
23. Packers- Sean Witherspoon- With Kampman gone, they need to fill a hole at OLB. Witherspoon may be the best player on the board at this point. They need to improve the OL too, but they can get a guy like Bruce Campbell in the 2nd round.
24. Eagles- Kyle Wilson- The secondary was sketchy as it was last year. Now you take away Lito Sheppard and its that much worse. Wilson may be a bit of a project, but he has all the tools to be a very good CB.
25. Ravens- Taylor Mays- They have never really had anybody opposite Reed. And with Reed contemplating retirement, they need to get somebody new. Mays has huge talent. Some coverage questions. I think hes a stud. Even if they want to turn him into a LB he can succeed anyway.
26. Cardinals-Jerry Hughes- They need some LB help. Hughes is a 3-4 guy so he fits right in. Extremely athletic just needs to be coached up a bit.
27. Cowboys- Bruce Campbell- Hes extremely athletic. The defense really doesnt have many awful needs, the OL can improve. Campbell will probably need to be worked with a little. But if he plays like he can he will be a staple on this OL.
28. Chargers- Ryan Matthews- He can be an every down back. Thats what they need. Sproles is not, and neither is a guy like Best. Matthews runs hard, and has durability. Great compliment for Sproles.
29. Jets- Patrick Robinson- Darelle Revis is the best CB in the game. But he really doesnt have much of a counter part on this team. Robinson has all the skills, and maybe with some teaching from Revis he can become a solid CB.
30. Vikings-Sean Lee - When E.J. Henderson went down, they thought Jasper Brinkley could fill his spot. He didnt do it very well, and that hurt them in the playoffs. Lee is a typical Penn St. style LB, he should be a solid pro.
31. Colts- Maurkice Pouncey- A very good C prospect. As the first comment states, Jeff Saturday is almost done. The line is always banged up. They could use a huge talent like Pouncey. Still think they need some DL help, but theres still a few good guys left in round 2.
32. Saints- Terrance Cody- The Colts were running the ball pretty well against them to start. And then they just stopped. The defense is very much under rated. You put a big run stopper like Cody aside Sedrick Ellis, and thats scary. Not many teams will be able to run anymore. Cody doesnt have the stanima to ever really be a superstar, but his impact will be felt.
Posted on: December 7, 2009 4:55 pm
I know its early, but the college season is almost over and in light of some big names declaring i figured i would put my 1st one out. I will include some players I think will be coming out early but have not declared.
Order will be in where the teams are at right now.
1. Cleveland- Ndamukong Suh- I dont think they go QB, Quinn has looked decent since taking the job back, and has had 2 really good games against the Lions and Chargers. Suh really vaulted himself into everybody's living rooms with his play in the Big 12 Championship. Hes not a huge guy like Dorsey and Raji, and has alot more talent than both of those, so the bust factor is a lot lower.
2. Tampa Bay- Taylor Mays- No QB again obviously Freeman has looked ok, besides yesterdays 5 INT game, but rookies are gonna make mistakes. Mays deserves to go here, he's a very big (6'3) S, that reportedly runs a sub 4.4 40 time. Talent like that doesnt come around too often. And with an ex Defensive Backs coach Raheem Morris at the helm, this has to be the pick.
3. St. Louis- Jake Locker- He may not end up being the best QB from this class but he will be good. Spending this year under Sarkisian learning a pro-stlye offense really helped him. Hes got a great arm, and with some talent around him can be a Pro Bowl caliber player.
4. Detroit- Russell Okung- It figures to be him or Williams as the first OL off the board. 1A and 1B in my mind. Stafford has proved he can make the throws, now they just need to find another lineman to give him some more time back there. I see Schwartz building on defense in the later rounds.
5. Washington- Jimmy Claussen- While i dont think this would be the smart pick, i think it is the Dan Snyder pick. Claussen is the flashy egotistical QB in this class. That just has Dan Snyder written all over it. I think they are done with Campbell. We've seen this time and again with him, he shows promise toward the end of each year but never puts it all together. This pick is the worst thing they can do, they should address OL needs, but i dont think they will.
6. Kansas City- Trent Williams- Well so far the Matt Cassel era has been awful. KC's defense isnt terrible they can play. But they need some OL help. Remember when their OL was one of the best in the game? All those guys got old and they didnt do anything to replace them. Start now.
7. Oakland- Eric Berry- I dont think Al Davis is ready to give up on his man crush just yet. He will fire Cable and find a coach that will coddle to his every need. Eric Berry is an extremely talented player. And is the right pick, hopefully it wont be wasted in the black hole of a franchise called the Raiders.
8. Buffalo- Sam Bradford- 3 QBs in 8 picks? Probably wont happen, but everybody is high on these guys, and alot of these teams really need QBs. That is this teams only glaring need besides maybe DL and OL. The defense has played well, and Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch have been serviceable. I dont think Bradford will do anything of significance in the NFL but this very well could be the pick.
9. San Francisco (From Carolina)- Sergio Kindle- Hes not high on people's boards right now, but come combine time, he will establish himself as the #1 DE prospect. He's extremely athletic, and fast. San Fran really has no pass rush, Singletary is a defensive coach, the pick makes sense.
10. Denver (From Chicago)- Joe Haden- Gerald McCoy is still there, but i dont think he would fit the 3-4 scheme. Hes not a big DT, hes more of a finesse player. He wont work in the 3-4. So McDaniels goes and grabs an elite CB to play along side Bailey. Haden will be a Pro Bowl CB in the future.
11. Seattle- Gerald McCoy- Maybe they have other needs, but at this point McCoy is way too much of an elite DT to pass up. He will fit right in. Imagine a Tommie Harris caliber player, hopefully without the injuries. McCoy will stand out as a rookie, and give the Seahawks a pass rush they just dont have right now.
12. New York Jets- Terrence Cody- You have to assume that Kris Jenkins is pretty much done. 2 devastating knee injuries in the last 4 seasons, at his age how much longer can he go. So enter another huge body in Mt. Cody. He will have the Jenkins like impact. Hes just a huge force in the middle.
13. San Francisco- Bryan Bulaga- After Williams and Okung the talent level at this position drops some. This isnt an elite OL class. But Bulaga will be solid, maybe not an All-Pro player, but good enough. They need some OL help.
14. Houston- C.J. Spiller- I dont think he will last this long. So look for them to trade up, but no team above them has a glaring need for RB. I think Slaton as good as he was last year is not an every down back. Maybe Spiller isnt either, but I think he can be. He will add an element to their return game as well that they really dont have.
15. Tennessee- Dez Bryant- Way too low for him right? Well look at most of the other teams, they really dont need a WR. Kenny Britt has been very good lately, but you cant have Nate Washington as your 2nd WR. He had a nice dropped TD pass yesterday. Bryant has imense talent, with VY finally coming around in the passing game, they will get him new weapons.
16. Miami- Brandon Spikes- Another guy that will probably go higer, but again sometimes its about what a team needs. Crowder in my opinion hasnt established himself as an elite MLB, therefore he can move outside, and make way for Spikes. Hes got all the tools, and will enter a good atmosphere in Miami. He should flourish.
17. Jacksonville- Tim Tebow- I know i will catch flack for this and i agree he will be nothing as a QB in the NFL. But the Jags need to sell tickets, their owner already said he will draft Tebow, im pretty sure he has the final say? The pick doesnt make sense on the football field, becasue he shouldnt see any snaps at all, but hey maybe he proves everybody wrong.
18. Falcons- Jermaine Gresham- At this point in the draft there are no OL i would take over Gresham. I think TG only has maybe 2 years left. Gresham has huge talent. Give him a year or 2 splititng time with Gonzalez to teach him some things, and he will be a stud.
19. Steelers- Greg Hardy- Is it just me or do their DE's not really do much. I know you have Woodley and Harrison on the edge rushing, but still your DEs should have an impact. Hardy is very good, and this is a little late for him, and he could flourish in the Steel City.
20. Baltimore- Arrellious Benn- I know i probably spelled his first name wrong, but does it matter? Mason contemplated retirement, might do it again. Benn has huge upside, if you haven't seen him play, I live in Illinois, this kid's the real deal. Why 20? Well theres not many teams that are really looking for a WR at the top of the draft, but he will be a starter right away and give Flacco a deep threat.
21. Giants- Dan Williams- Playing that year in Kiffin's defense will boost his stock. The Giants need to rush the passer better. Never though i would say that so soon after 07-08 season. Their DTs just arent getting the job done, insert some new blood.
22. Packers- Brandon Graham- The Aaron Kampman move to OLB did not work, and now hes down with an ACL. Maybe they keep him there or set him back down, Graham can stand up no problem. Hes an elite pass rusher, and should fit well in Capers' system.
23. Eagles- Jerry Hughes- Their most obvious need is LB. They have had a revolving door there all season with all the injuries. Hughes comes from a good LB school TCU and has the skill set to be a solid LB in the NFL.
24. Seattle (From Denver)- Colt McCoy- Maybe he slips to the 2nd round, a big need they have here is WR, but there are still alot of solid ones out there. McCoy is the most polished QB in this class. He may never be a HOF but hes a small risk, he will put up good numbers. Hasselbeck can't stay on the field, and is aging. They can't hand over the reigns to Seneca Wallace can they?
25. New England- Sean Witherspoon- It's clear they need help on defense, they cant really stop anybody. Witherspoon may be a bit undersized, but it doesnt matter he makes up for it with his skills and knowledge at the position, perfect fit for the Pats.
26. Arizona- Charles Brown- They are solid everywhere, with no elite CBs on the board, they improve the OL, and give Warner some more protection if he decides to come back. Or get more protection for Leinart, because as we've seen hes going to need it.
27. Dallas- Brandon Lafell- Ok im sorry im still not sold on Miles Austin, and if him and Williams have a bad game the Cowboys suffer. Lafell has real #1 WR talent, and should be alot more consistent than anybody they have. Hes a big target too at 6'3.
28. Cincinnati- Ralondo McClain- Maybe a little low for him, hes a huge talent that Cincy cant pass up. Maulaluga has been solid, but the other LBs are iffy, im not saying their bad, but drafting McClain ensures that the defense's production shouldn't slip next year.
29. San Diego- George Selvie- His stock will rise come time for the combine, hes a freak athletically. San Diego is another suprise team that hasnt been able to rush the passer with consistency this year. Put some more talent on the line like Selvie next year and that will change.
30. Minnesota- Trevard Lindley- Antoine Winfield has been hurt all year, and they really are not too deep at the position. Lindley has talent, he just needs to learn the game a little more.
31. New Orleans- Sean Lee- Another Penn St. LB. Cant really go too wrong there. The defense has been getting shredded lately, but that may have something to do with Jabari Greer missing the last few games.
32. Indianapolis- Earl Thomas- He should go alot higher than this and probably will come the draft. But boy would the Colts love to see him fall. Hes got huge talent, and hopefully will stay on the field unlike their All-Pro S Bob Sanders.
There are problems with this right now i know, but again this is just a prelim. Just kind of trying to feel out the field. Might possibly do a round 2 later.
Posted on: October 26, 2009 1:51 pm
Ok, i cannot condem the Cutler trade. Has he thrown alot of INTs? Yes he has. But look at why he has thrown them. Even in the Green Bay game those turnovers came when we were losing, and nothing was going right on either side of the ball, and he had to force some passes, A: because he had 2 seconds to get the ball out before he would get blown up, or B: because he had to try and get something going.
I actually liked one of his INTs yesterday, it showed he actually does know what hes doing. When it was 4th down and what i think 20 on our last play, instead of getting sacked and giving the Bengals the ball on our 40 yd line, he threw a jump ball that got picked and didnt give them great field position. That was basically the same thing as a punt.
As far as the rest of the team, Lovie has to go. He is in charge of the defense this season, hes an ex-defensive coordinator, and yet our defense looks worse than it has in forever. I've never seen a Bears defense play this bad. How is he not to blame?
McGowan shouldnt be starting. Kevin Payne is much better. Zach Bowman should not be playing in the NFL. Where is D.J Moore? We drafted him for a reason. He had a high draft stock, play the kid see what he can do. Nobody can do as bad as Bowman is right now. He got out ran yesterday numerous times by Laverneus Coles!!!! That guy's career is basically done. Yet Bowman managed to make him look good again.
But now everybody is going to say we should have held onto Orton look what hes doing.....No thats not true. Orton would be doing the same exact thing he was last year with us. He went to a team with a much better OL and very good WR. Cutler is still doing good, i would say. He has shown that he can get it done in the 4th quarter. With a bad OL and a decent WR corp.
Waiting until this years draft would not have been smart. There are alot of overhyped QBs coming out. There are only 2 that i like succeeding in the NFL. Colt McCoy and Jake Locker. With Jevan Snead possibly doing good. Claussen, Tebow, and Bradford are all going to flop. And we would not have had high enough of a draft pick to land McCoy or Locker, as teams like the Rams, Browns and Raiders are going to be at the top of the draft board looking for one of those guys.
Drafting a guy like Bradford would have just set this team back 10 more years. Cutler is proven, and as soon as Lovie can get him some time to throw the ball, he will show why we gave away what we did to get him.
Our OL is abismal. Why is Omiyale starting? Who actually sat down this week and said "hey we should start Omiyale at LG?" Whoever suggested it should be fired right now. He did nothing well yesterday. How is it that in a draft class that so far has been littered with Pro=Bowl caliber OL, we drafted the only one that was hurt, and has not done anything yet?
There were so many OL in that 08 draft, and we got the worst out of all of them. Get Omiyale out, put in Beekman at LG, hes played that position his whole life, im sure he can still do it. No matter how much our idiotic coaching staff has been trying to turn him into a C.
Switch Pace and Williams. Pace is not quick enough to handle those fast DEs. At least Williams has his youth and more speed. And if anything it will be a growing period for him to learn how to block in the NFL.
Back to our wonderful coaching staff. Lovie is calling the defensive plays, am I correct? If you noticed on most of their big pass plays and TD passes, we were in a soft zone. Not just a Cover 2, but a complete zone. And they tore it up every time. Yet the entire game in the red zone we went to a zone. Why? Its called improvision Lovie. Use it.
Now onto Ron Turner. If he ever has a job in the NFL again other than with maybe the Raiders, that is a joke. He is worse than Jon Shoop, and i thought that would be very difficult to do. I will tell you the #1 reason Matt Forte has done virutally nothing this year. Its not because hes hurt, or hes not as good as we all thought he was.
Its because Ron Turner constantly calls the same running play over, and over, and over again. There is no variation in his play calling. Either he picks run between the RG and RT, or between the LG and LT. Hi Ron im a defense, i know what run plays are coming, therefore i know what holes to fill and how to stop them. Mix it up!!!! You cannot keep calling the same play over and over again and expect it to work. You cant do it.
Thats my rant for now. Im officially starting the petition to fire Lovie and bring in Bill Cowher. Or Re-unite Cutler with Shanahan. Sign here:
Posted on: February 5, 2009 4:38 pm
Edited on: February 5, 2009 5:19 pm
Drew Gooden hasnt played in what 2 weeks? I personally think we have been playing our best ball since he stopped playing.
Tyrus Thomas has been putting up a double double basically every night since Gooden's absence. Ive been saying it for awhile that all he needs is the playing time and he can do it.
Noah who has still been inconsistent is playing well lately. Hes only had a couple bad games since taking over the starting C role.
Gooden is just like Larry Hughes a cancer to the offense. When i watch him play and he gets the ball he tries to back somebody down, but isnt strong enough, and then takes a fadeaway jumper. Ok so maybe sometimes he makes it, but it throws the offense off.
Our offense has been flowing better because Noah and Thomas arent looking to take jump shots all the time, they are looking to drive the lane and get easy buckets, or dish it off to somebody else.
We have been playing much better as a team with Hughes and Gooden not playing. Even Ben Gordon is taking less shots and passing the ball off alot more.
Please Paxson, trade Hughes and Gooden i dont care who we get, we can get Sam Cassel for those 2 for all i care. The team is better without them, if we can get a solid role player or 2 for these two ball-hogging bums please do it.
I really think with the way we are playing we can make a serious run in the 2nd half of the season. And possibly sneak in the 6th seed of the playoffs.
Heres some stats: Drew Gooden last played on 12/19.
Here are our main players' stats since that day. Luol Deng's since 1/12.
Points Rebounds Assists FG% Blocks Steals
Derrick Rose- 15.0 3.4 6.7 47% .2 .7
Ben Gordon 19.1 3.3 3.5 44% .3 .6
Luol Deng- 17.9 8.0 2.2 51% .4 1.5
Tyrus Thomas- 11.0 6.4 1.2 46% 2.0 1.3
Joakim Noah 6.5 7.0 1.0 53% 1.7 .43
Posted on: February 3, 2009 6:38 pm
Edited on: February 3, 2009 11:27 pm
1. Lions- Andre Smith OT, Alabama. They might still be able to get a decent LB when they pick later in the 1st round. I dont think they will be able to get an OL of Smith's caliber. Hes the type of player that can make a Joe Thomas and Jake Long type impact on this team.
2. Rams- Michael Oher OT, Ole Miss. There is no way they dont draft an OL here, whether its Oher or somebody else they need to improve the line.
3. Chiefs- Aaron Curry LB, Wake Forest. How long is Derick Edwards gonna be around? Im guessing not for long, with a new coaching regime its time to add a little to the defense. I dont see them going QB because i think they are content with Thigpen. They may look later in the draft. Look for them to try and trade down to nab a RB like Wells.
4. Seahawks- Michael Crabtree WR, Texas Tech. I really cant see them drafting anybody but him unless he goes before 4. I dont see any of the teams above drafting him really, unless somebody trades up.
5. Browns- Eugene Monroe OT, Virginia. Its between Jenkins and an OL with Curry gone. Its really a toss up either way. They need help in both areas.
7. Raiders- Malcom Jenkins CB, Ohio St. Ashomuga has a contract year coming up, and they really dont have anybody at CB other than him. Jenkins is going to be a standout, this has to be the pick.
8. Jaguars- Everette Brown DE, Florida St. They didnt rush the passer at all last year, thats where all their problems on defense started. Brown is flying up people's draft boards.
9. Packers- Brian Orakpo DE, Texas. Orakpo isnt far off Brown as the top DE prospect in the draft. They need another pass rusher off the end KGB is practically done he makes no real impact anymore.
11. Bills- Micheal Johnson DE, Georgia Tech. Some will say this is too high for him at this point. After the combine he will prove that he is on the same level as Orakpo and Brown at this position. They need to improve on both lines, but Johnson will be too good to pass up.
13. Redskins-Matthew Stafford QB, Georgia. I know im going to get flack for putting this here, but think about it Jason Campbell hasnt really proven anything yet. Zorn didnt draft him so he has no stake in him at all. Its likely they wont pick Stafford but if he falls this far they have to consider it.
14. Saints- Vontae Davis CB, Illinois. They need help in the secondary and Davis is the best talent out there at the position. They can get him later though, look for a trade.
16. Chargers- James Laurinitis LB, Ohio St. Who knows if Merriman will be back and playing at the level he did a year ago? Either way they stand to improve at the ILB position in that 3-4 Laurinitis is a bit undersized but he plays like hes a giant. Hes a Brian Urlacher type MLB.
17. New York Jets- Mark Sanchez QB, USC. This pick could change if Favre comes back but i dont think it will. If he doesnt come back look for them to trade up because theres no way they will put Clemens in at QB if they dont have to. Sanchez will probably go higher than this, but he will be a better QB than Stafford, the hype just isnt there for him.
18. Bears- Percy Harvin WR/RB, Florida. For the same reasons as in my 1st mock draft. We need a hybrid guy like him.
19. Buccaneers- Jeremy Maclin WR, Missouri. I dont think they expect Bryant to do what he did last season. Galloway was hampered by injuries all season. Maclin is going to be too good for them to pass up.
20. Lions (From Cowboys)- D.J. Moore CB, Vanderbilt. They need help everywhere, the secondary is a good place to go. Giving up Dre' Bly was a mistake, they need to correct it by getting a solid corner here in Moore.
21. Eagles-Aaron Maybin DE, Penn St. Can be turned into a DE or OLB. Eagles could use another guy that can rush the passer.
23. Patriots- LeSean McCoy RB, Pitt. I think that Knowshon Moreno is the better player, but they will look at both and see that McCoy fits better with the Patriots, hes a much more physical runner. Maroney hasnt been the same since his rookie year, and they need a better running game.
24. Falcons- Brandon Pettigrew TE, Oklahoma St. Ben Hartstock is their #1 TE. Thats not a good thing. Roddy White was a standout WR last year, but they need a 2nd option, Pettigrew is also a great blocking TE.
25. Dolphins- Hakeem Nicks WR, North Carolina. Camarillo is coming of knee surgery, and Ginn finished the season well, Davone Bess cannot be your 2nd WR. Nicks will be a great guy to put opposite Ginn.
26. Ravens- Alphonso Smith CB, Wake Forest. Chris McCallister wont be playing at a high level for very much longer. Samri Rolle's time has passed. They need another CB bad.
27. Colts- William Morre S, Missouri. Rivers exploited them on the deep pass in the playoffs, and when Sproles got to the 2nd level no body could make the tackle. Moore is a big guy that can fill some holes.
28. Eagles- Duke Robinson G, Oklahoma. McNabb was abused by the Cardinals DL in the playoff game. Especially Dockett. They need interior line help Robinson helps.
29. Giants- Darius Heyward-Bey WR, Maryland. When Burress whent down no WR really stepped up. Hixon had some decent games but dropped balls. They need another impact player at WR, or play Mario Manningham.
30. Titans- Chase Coffman TE, Missouri. They got some decent games out of guys like Scaife. But it wasnt consistent enough, Coffman can bring some stability in their passing game.
31. Cardinals- Knowshon Moreno RB, Georgia. I cant believe i have him going this low. I doubt he will make it this far, the Cardinals need to trade up. Their biggest problem in the Super Bowl was they couldnt run the ball even when they wanted to. Moreno fits perfect, hes speedy and stretches the field. Hes also a decent pass catcher.
Posted on: January 16, 2009 6:42 pm
1. Lions- Aaron Curry. I think the Lions without Matt Millen now get smart and dont go after a hit or miss 1st round QB. Aaron Curry has the ability to make a Patrick Willis type impact his rookie season. With a new defensive minded coach look for the Lions to go defense or possibly O-line. Pick up a QB in the later rounds.
2. Rams- Andre Smith. I think at the combines Smith will seperate himself talent wise from Oher as the best OL in the draft. We all have seen the impact OL has on teams in the draft. Browns with Joe Thomas and Dolphins with Jake Long. Both teams vastly improved. Rams have talent but need to put the pieces together.
3. Chiefs- Michael Oher. Tyler Thigpen showed he can play QB in this league. Give him a little more protection and let him run this team. Regardless they are still a few years from being a playoff team.
4. Seahawks- Micheal Crabtree. The Seahawks main problem this season was the QB had nobody to throw too. They were banged up all year. Even with everybody healthy its not a good WR corp. Crabtree doesnt look like a bust. Hes got his head on straight and is an imense talent that they cannot pass up.
5. Browns- Malcom Jenkins. They need to improve on the defensive side of the ball. Eric Wright has developed into a solid corner. Add a little more to that secondary with a huge talent like Jenkins and they may be back on the map next season if they figure out the QB situation.
6. Bengals- Chris "Beanie" Wells. It might be a little high because of injury concerns but when healthy there was nobody better in the NCAA. Hes got Adrian Peterson like talent. The Bengals need to re-establish the running game. I think we all know Cedric Benson cannot be the answer.
8. Jaguars- Eugene Monroe. They really werent able to do anything last season. The defense let them down, but they need to improve on the O-line. We saw so many rookie OL have big impacts with teams last season. Follow the trend.
9. Packers- Everette Brown. KGB is done. They need a new pass rusher. Brown would be available later in the draft also so look for them to trade down.
10. 49ers- Matthew Stafford. Stafford has an arm but he didnt play great this season. Hes a little innacurate this is why i have him at 10, when you look at the QBs that have been taken in the previous drafts they werent really big questions like Stafford is. I dont think he has that Matt Ryan quality.
11. Bills- James Laurinitis. His stock fell a little and i dont really get why. He ran a 4.59 40 time. Thats great for a LB, hes a bit undersized but he will be a great addition. Hes got the speed if they want to move him to the outside as well.
12. Broncos- Ray Maulaluga. They missed out on Laurinitis but Maulaluga is a good consilation prize. Either way the need a MLB, the defense was atrocious and needs to get better.
13. Redskins- Jason Smith. The defense played good, they need to get better on offense now. That starts with protecting Jason Campbell, assuming he still Zorn's guy. They may look at Mark Sanchez too.
15. Texans- Brian Cushing. Get another pass rusher in there. Cushing will be a great OLB in the NFL. They dont have much need they got good players at alot of positions, they just need to put it all together.
16. Chargers- Jeremy Maclin. Chris Chambers was terrible. I know they have a speed guy in Jackson but Maclin gives you alot more options than at WR. Line him up in the back field, hes an immense talent that the Chargers could use.
17. Jets- Mark Sanchez. He goes from one major market to another. I think he will end up being the better QB from this class but people are just drooling over Stafford right now. Sanchez plays well under pressure and has an extreme desire to win. Even if Favre comes back look for them to try and nab Sanchez.
18. Bears- Percy Harvin. Maybe a little high for him because hes undersized, but i say why not. We need to get more explosive on offense. Put him in the backfield with Forte or send him out as a WR, hes electric with the ball in his hand and thats something we needs because we dont get Hester the ball enough.
19. Buccaneers- Brandon Pettigrew. Alex Smith has had the talent since he was drafted, its time to move on. Garcia has re-emerged. Give him another big talented target to throw to. Because i think we all know not to expect Antonio Bryant to put up numbers like that again in 09.
20. Lions- B.J. Raji. Again getting better on the defensive side of the ball. Thats where it needs to start. They could look also at OL, but Raji is a big run stopper up the middle, and pair him up with Curry and they could do some damage.
21. Cardinals- Knowshon Moreno. Edge wants out, did Tim Hightower show that he can really be a feature back? I dont think so. Moreno can be especially in an explosive offense like this where theres not much pressure on him. Moreno might go alot higher than this because i think he will be a standout at the combine.
22. Eagles- Micheal Johnson. They love their pass rushers in Philly. Johnson is a great talent that has some injury history, but at this point in the draft his talent stands out and makes him hard to pass up.
24. Patriots- Paul Kruger. They add another end to an already stout line. They really dont need much help anywhere, maybe LB, but at this point in the draft nobody stands out. Kruger could be built into a 3-4 OLB though.
26. Dolphins- Hakeem Nicks. He doesnt run the fastest 40 time, but he can get the job done. They need another WR to help Ginn's progress. You dont know how Camarillo is going to come back from that knee injury. When hes healthy hes another Wes Welker.
28. Colts- Vontae Davis. Davis has top 15 talent and i think people will see that at the combine. The Colts need another DB in case Jackson doesnt come back playing like he used to. Either way they stand to improve against the pass.
29. Eagles- Duke Robinson. They got another pass rusher earlier in the draft now they look to protect McNabb a little better.
30. Titans- Travis Beckum. Hes coming off a broken leg, but if you have seen this kid play you know why i have him going here. Whoever gets this guy is going to be happy. Hes a playmaking TE, who has alot better potential than Chase Coffman. The Titans still dont have people to throw the ball to, Beckum can solve that.
31. Steelers- Sean Smith. That makes 3 players from Utah taken in the 1st round. Hes the perfect Steeler fit, big and physical. 6'3 210. Might be converted to S, but hes a good fit.
32. Giants- Chase Coffman. I know they like Kevin Boss but the reality is that they rarely used him until Plaxico Burress whent down. That means he was doing something wrong. So they bring in a guy with more talent.
Round 2 possibly coming soon.